Simple router for intranet

Hi, I'm considering to connect two different networks to one simple router, and then connect it to internet facing router (see attachment). To do this I need simple router which can do routing and support default gateway (don't need routing protocols, security functions and other proprietary stuff). The simple router should have 100BaseTX ports and be cheap. Sad that I can't find one by surfing internet :( Please help :)

post-544948-0-52604500-1428490262.jpg

so you have cisco gear?  Any layer 3 switch can do what your wanting to do.  What ios are you running on your 2960s - if like 12.2 they are layer 3 and you can enable routing on them..

If you want a cheap layer 3 switch, the sg300 line for <$200 can do layer 3 or layer 2 mode..  Is this home network or work?  You showing 2960 and such I think its a work place..

What do you consider cheap??  If you ask me a sg300 for < 200 is like a freaking STEAL!!

If you have to do it on a shoestring!!  Then any old soho router that can run dd-wrt can route.. To be honest most any soho router can turn off gateway mode and just route without natting.  Any old pc you have laying around that you can put 2 nics in and install linux can route, etc.

Old SOHO dd-wrt router might be OK, just it needs to have 3 100BaseTx ports, can you recommend me any manufacturer or even model?

yeah the edge router would be a fantastic solution..

Its not a drawing - its a packet shaper setup..  Again points to cisco user.  your OP makes no mention that you were not using that sort of gear or even what a cheap budget is to you..

Yes the unfi edge router would be great solution - what is going to be your internet router?  Throwing dd-wrt on a 20$ piece of hardware would be a cheaper even solution.

I decided to remake this so Lite router would connect two switches and third port would connect internet.

In previous drawing my internet router would be router-switch-wifi device for few ten $, but now ill plug this into one of switch (just for WIFI) that links to Lite router. Unfortunatelly I don't have more time to research for better solution.

And that cisco drawing just because I was CCNA and used to practise with CPT, personally I touched real cisco just in some projects which happens rarely.

Btw, thanks for caring and for answers  :)