[Verizon] Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge shipping

Just got confirmation that my Galaxy S6 Edge (32Gb Sapphire Black) shipped!!!

Product(s):
4G 4FF PRE-INSTALLED NFC SIM
Samsung Galaxy S

Enjoy! I wanted one of those so bad, but none of the carriers would approve me and I don't have $700 to drop on a new phone at this point. :s *sigh* oh well, I will get one someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Received it on the 10th and had to return it because after using the fast charging on it the battery got too hot and fried the accelerator which is used for rotation a well as a lot of other things apparently. Got my second unit and it broke too. Third unit should arrive tomorrow and if it goes bust as well then i am going to get a different phone. Just not worth it.

• 2 months later...

Received it on the 10th and had to return it because after using the fast charging on it the battery got too hot and fried the accelerator which is used for rotation a well as a lot of other things apparently. Got my second unit and it broke too. Third unit should arrive tomorrow and if it goes bust as well then i am going to get a different phone. Just not worth it.

Why would you need fast-charge?  (And what did you have as a phone before the S6 Edge?)

I'm asking as that I know that a LOT of older Android hardware was notorious for charging like a snail (Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 and S3 are notoriously guilty) - however, the Tab 4 was not.  Starting at fifteen percent of charge (which is actually a bit LOWER than recommended), I started the setup process for the new-to-Mom-and-me Tab 4.  The Tab 4 (unlike the Tab 2) supports multi-user mode, and each user has completely separate settings.  Since I knew that Mom likely needed her Google Account's password reset, I saved HER settings for last - however, because of multi-user mode, I could set up a separate account on the tablet for me.  In my case, I used my existing Google Account to access my settings from BlueStacks.  (Because of multi-user mode, I could willingly be the Guinea pig for everything EXCEPT OS updates - updates to the whole OS affect all users.)  Still, I noticed one pleasing surprise during setup - the tablet actually continued gaining charge; this wasn't the case with Tab 2 - nor is it the case with most tablets.  (In fact, the iPad 2 mini doesn't gain charge in this scenario, either.)  No fast-charge (I was plugged into the wall) and I was nearly fully charged after setting my own account up.

What happened to you merely hammers home that most users will have issues with fast-charge, and may well never need to use it for other reasons.