Boston Marathon bomber Tsarnaev found guilty of all charges

So don't believe one killer/psychopath but believe the other.  Right!   Or as you usually do, are you suggesting your Norwegian psycho is better than ours.

/s

Oh look, it's a straw man. 

oh good, killing him will make everything right and better.

Because letting him live fixes everything as well.

Oh look, it's a straw man. 

Oh look, its another useful thread contribution.

Him dying would be to give justice to all the families he destroyed. You sound like you are more than happy to rob them of that.

If you kill him, you martyr him and he wins.

If you throw him into a toilet of a jail, like Guantanamo Bay (a prison for terrorists) for the rest of his life, he's not going to be enjoying himself at all.

Martyrdom is in the eye of the beholder. 

Him dying would be to give justice to all the families he destroyed. You sound like you are more than happy to rob them of that.

No it wouldn't. it would give them revenge, not justice. 

No it wouldn't. it would give them revenge, not justice.

Reminds me of a quote,

"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."

Punishment works for me.

Reminds me of a quote,

"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."

Punishment works for me.

If he's dead, how can he experience punishment?

Put him somewhere where he can live out a long an empty life, where he's reminded daily of what he did, and just how an utterly insignificant piece of scum he is.

I am usually against the death penalty 9 out of 10 times. But this guy deserves it. I wonder if Massachusetts has the drugs to do it.

Death is the punishment. In a US federal prison he'd have it too easy.

Oh yes. He gets an injection that puts him quietly to sleep, then his life is quietly ended.  Stiff punishment there.

I'd rather he spend the next 60+ years being reminded every day of what he did.

oh good, killing him will make everything right and better.

No it just takes the scum off the face of the earth.That'll do for me.Justice - 1,Libtards, - 0 

No it just takes the scum off the face of the earth.That'll do for me.Justice - 1,Libtards, - 0 

I don't think he should be kept alive for any liberal reasons.  I think a more fitting punishment is to make him FEEL his punishment for 60+ years...  Killing him just puts an end to it.

Oh yes. He gets an injection that puts him quietly to sleep, then his life is quietly ended.  Stiff punishment there.

I'd rather he spend the next 60+ years being reminded every day of what he did.

As long as you pay for him, I am happy.

It puts him out of our misery, that being the knowledge that the slime is still wasting perfectly good air.

And this is the reason you don't have the authority to decide on matters of what is or is not justice. Thankfully there are people who are in a position to do so who are not blinded by damned hatred.

Any of you against the death penalty had a friend or family member killed by another person? Talking about a proving murder where the other was out to kill someone that day. Not talking honest to God accidental deaths. Talking about someone straight up killing another because that's what they set out to do.

Until that happens to you, shut up about how people shouldn't be killed for killing others. If it ever happens to you, watch how fast your thoughts on this subject change and how you will want to kill the person/people yourself and how you will gladly do it in a heartbeat if given a chance.

Let's say one of you had a child who was murdered in cold blood. The person who did it is still alive and you have a chance to see them die. Death or live the REST OF YOUR LIFE knowing they are alive and well. Sitting in a prison where they probably have TV, radio or even internet access. Yeah some prison have computer labs. Hell you can have cell phones in a lot of them these days. Oh and don't forget the steady flow of drugs they more than likely have or the homemade alcoholic beverages. You can honestly sit there and be fine knowing they are more than likely having a freaking blast? They would have the same, if not more freedom inside than they do outside.

It takes a pure psycho to do what he did. "My big brother (who is dead and can't deny it) made me do it". BS and you people know that. He ran over his brother trying to get away from the cops. Did you all forget that? There were others they possibly killed over drugs before the bombing. Forget about that too?

They were psychotics. Pure and simple. Little brother will have it made in prison unless his lethal injection comes very quickly. Seems like the more screwed up ones get more freedom than others.

And this is the reason you don't have the authority to decide on matters of what is or is not justice. Thankfully there are people who are in a position to do so who are not blinded by damned hatred.

He admitted to being a part of it. Tried blaming his dead brother that he ran over, but still admitted his part in it. People have a right to have hatred. The guy freaking admits his part in it.

I'll stop myself before I say something to get me banned. There's too much ignorance and trolling in this thread,

I don't think he should be kept alive for any liberal reasons.  I think a more fitting punishment is to make him FEEL his punishment for 60+ years...  Killing him just puts an end to it.

Too risky.There is always the chance of release,however remote,at some time in the future & also the long term cost of his incarceration.The sooner he is executed the better for everyone.

Sympathy is wasted on this pond scum. He apparently didn't think twice about ending innocent lives, why should we care for his? 

I am glad they got this guy alive and to the brave law enforcement who was brave to catch him alive. Sure a few bad cops out there and it seems to be the cool thing to bash police now days but most of law enforcement is good and is risking their lives to catch bad guys that many are armed to protect us.

This just shows how Americans do not understand these terrorist or use logic when many wanting the death penalty for him. People screaming death penalty are just letting their emotions get in the way before thinking logically.

2 reasons  why he should NOT get the death penalty.

MAIN REASON 

If you give him the death penalty to him and all his terrorist buddies he becomes a martyr ( you cant use conventional methods with these evil radial Muslim terrorist ). Sure he may not have died in combat but he is still on a lesser scale a martyr to these radial terrorist scum bags.  So you are basically upgrading his status!! Let the guy stand in a prison cell until he is an old man and then rot to death! When the death penalty is used in USA it is a painless one now days usually just by injection and just falling to sleep.

Second.

By killing him you are giving him the EASY WAY out.  There might be a heaven or hell but also there might not be a heaven or hell. No one can prove this so by killing him you are "potentially " giving him the easy way out. 

Id rather see the young guy waste away and think on what he did for the next 60 or 70 years ( he is a young monster ) than to give him the easy way out!!

Any of you against the death penalty had a friend or family member killed by another person? Talking about a proving murder where the other was out to kill someone that day. Not talking honest to God accidental deaths. Talking about someone straight up killing another because that's what they set out to do.

Until that happens to you, shut up about how people shouldn't be killed for killing others. If it ever happens to you, watch how fast your thoughts on this subject change and how you will want to kill the person/people yourself and how you will gladly do it in a heartbeat if given a chance.

Let's say one of you had a child who was murdered in cold blood. The person who did it is still alive and you have a chance to see them die. Death or live the REST OF YOUR LIFE knowing they are alive and well. Sitting in a prison where they probably have TV, radio or even internet access. Yeah some prison have computer labs. Hell you can have cell phones in a lot of them these days. Oh and don't forget the steady flow of drugs they more than likely have or the homemade alcoholic beverages. You can honestly sit there and be fine knowing they are more than likely having a freaking blast? They would have the same, if not more freedom inside than they do outside.

It takes a pure psycho to do what he did. "My big brother (who is dead and can't deny it) made me do it". BS and you people know that. He ran over his brother trying to get away from the cops. Did you all forget that? There were others they possibly killed over drugs before the bombing. Forget about that too?

They were psychotics. Pure and simple. Little brother will have it made in prison unless his lethal injection comes very quickly. Seems like the more screwed up ones get more freedom than others.

He admitted to being a part of it. Tried blaming his dead brother that he ran over, but still admitted his part in it. People have a right to have hatred. The guy freaking admits his part in it.

I'll stop myself before I say something to get me banned. There's too much ignorance and trolling in this thread,

Innocent people have been pointed out by relatives who grief. You must view it objectivly.

The Western Justice System isn't based on notions of revenge. We don't allow victims to dictate punishment in any cases. People accused of crimes receive legal representation and due process. I don't know why people think a system based on vicious barbarism, medieval legal concepts, or Sharia-like brutality would be better than the system we have.

Your argument is just an argument from victimisation: If someone has been a victim of something they have a better view or idea of how justice should be carried out. That's essentially vigilantism, and there should be very obvious reasons why that system is a bad idea. 

There are rational reasons to oppose the death penalty which have nothing to do with what you feel about the convicted persons actions. I'd argue that those reasons are better than the emotional arguments about cruelty.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Tsarnaev: DEATH

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/us/sentence-reached-for-dzhokar-tsarnaev-in-boston-marathon-bombing.html

1) the jury recommends the sentence based on a long list of aggravating and mitigating factors.

2) the vote must be unanimous, with all 12 voting yes.

3) there is a much shorter appeals process in federal courts; fewer jurisdictions and limited habeas corpus appeals.

4) he will go to a federal prison in Indiana where federal death sentences are carried out. Typically lethal injection.

Tsarnaev: DEATH

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/us/sentence-reached-for-dzhokar-tsarnaev-in-boston-marathon-bombing.html

1) the jury recommends the sentence based on a long list of aggravating and mitigating factors.

2) the vote must be unanimous, with all 12 voting yes.

3) there is a much shorter appeals process in federal courts; fewer jurisdictions and limited habeas corpus appeals.

4) he will go to a federal prison in Indiana where federal death sentences are carried out. Typically lethal injection.

he would have been dead anyway so it makes little difference to him with this sentence and it will not deture others who want to carry out acts like he did.

better that hes executed than be a burden on the tax payer.