Invision Board - Admin Question

Question

I am currently looking into solutions for a problem in a sports forum I am moderating in.  The main theme of the forum is sport, however there are various 'off topic' threads for our members to enjoy.

Certain members are constantly breaking the site rules in political / religious themed threads particularly, and we want a way to prevent them from posting in them (easing the strain on the mod team) without actually banning them from the site. 

Is there an add in or admin setting where we can prevent certain posters posting in certain kinds of threads?   - IE we can define a thread as being 'Off Topic' or 'Sports Related' and prevent certain members from posting in one, but not the other.

If not, can this be acieved by making a sub-forum which only certain user groups have access to?  If so, how can we assign different members with different privalages?

Is there another workaround or a suggestion which may help?

Thanks

farsightxc2

4 answers to this question

Why not just make a group that has no access to those forums and apply it as a mask to their account?

This is a possibly, although we are trying to get away from a multi-forum site - ideally we'd like to operate all thread types in one thread (as it's easier to moderate for our small team!).

Perhaps what I am asking is not possible.

Keeping the political and religious stuff separate will help dramatically. That way, as shockz said, you can just create a permissions mask to not let people view/reply to threads in there (or hide the forum completely).