Help our High School Robotics Team go to the World Championship

Our high school robotics team hasn't done well in recent years. Fortunately, this year, we did extremely well and are eligible to go to the FRC world championship. Unfortunately, we don't have enough funds to go to the world championship.

We would be so happy if we could have a chance to experience this, as we haven't had this chance in such a long time.

We would love if you could donate even a few dollars for us to go all the way after coming so far.

Holy crap! It's been up for 2 days, and you've raised that much?

When do you need the money by? I'd love to donate simply because I love building things, doesn't matter what it is. My High School couldn't afford a Robotics Team, I tried for 2 years. I could never get people to join it.

When is the Championship?

Wow thank you for your generosity!

We have a lot of enthusiastic alumni who didn't get to go to world, but would love for their team to go this year.

We need the money by the 17th, but that's for safety, really, and we would really cut off the fundraiser on the 20th. The championship starts on the 22nd.

What does your robot do, and did all those people actually contribute to the project?

At the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC), we get a new game challenge every year and we have 6 weeks to build a robot. This year, the game is called Recycle Rush.

We are involved in other competitions as well, so not all of the people there contributed to our robot for FRC. For FRC, we have around 20 contributing directly to the robot, with around 6 more managing logistics. Here is a picture of our robot, along with the team.

What does your robot do, and did all those people actually contribute to the project?

I realized I hadn't answered your question completely, sorry. Our robot can grab up to 5 totes at a time stack them on top of the platform or up to 1 other tote, and it can also grab recycling bins and successfully stack a 'full stack' (6 totes, 1 bin, and a noodle inside the bin). The bar with the hook is what we use to quickly get recycling bins from the center platform, which we give to our teammates to score.

On the programming side, we use Java 8, and we have programmed the robot to be able to 3 options during autonomous mode, which are selectable by motion tracking during the autonomous mode (which is allowed during autonomous, the only thing autonomous mode does not allow the driver to do is touch physical controls or step into the driver box, this isn't a loophole, as they encourage it)