The Kojima Rumors Are True, Says Metal Gear Singer

The Kojima Rumors Are True, Says Metal Gear Singer
Brian Ashcraft

myanbvscgioqk2yyzlp5.jpg

There have been rumors that Hideo Kojima is leaving Konami. Those rumors, claims Metal Gear singer and voice actor Donna Burke, are allegedly true.

Donna Burke sang the breathtaking

It makes since if this MGS game was actually his last, and they no longer need him or his company to pump future spin-offs, or expand the world. We also don't know what he was like behind closed doors, or to his Company elders.

So, if this isn't some publicity stunt, or a misspeak by someone, then the MGS universe is about to become rather different, or fade away after this massive open world outing. Then again, if he leaves the company and works as a consultant, he stands to make a LOT more overall, and can spread out to other companies and projects.

It makes since if this MGS game was actually his last, and they no longer need him or his company to pump future spin-offs, or expand the world. We also don't know what he was like behind closed doors, or to his Company elders.

So, if this isn't some publicity stunt, or a misspeak by someone, then the MGS universe is about to become rather different, or fade away after this massive open world outing. Then again, if he leaves the company and works as a consultant, he stands to make a LOT more overall, and can spread out to other companies and projects.

He was already on board to develop Silent Hills (aka P.T.), another huge Konami franchise.  That is now up in the air if it will even happen, and it will be two major franchises for Konami lost, leaving them with what, PES and some mobile games?

He was already on board to develop Silent Hills (aka P.T.), another huge Konami franchise.  That is now up in the air if it will even happen, and it will be two major franchises for Konami lost, leaving them with what, PES and some mobile games?

Yeah, but Silent Hill hasn't been huge for a while, and while PT was awesome and holds a home on my PS4, what he had planned, and what was coming together may have not outweighed whatever happened to cause his possible let go.

Who knows. I for one love both franchises, but then again, I know nothing on the man himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Just yesterday I read a rumor about this all being a big marketing plot, going to the lengths of including apparently unrelated characters like Sergio Canavero (the guy that made it to the news announcing he was ready to perform the first head transplant).

Going by that rumor every piece (including Kojima's name disappearing from all these projects) are actually related to events in the MGS universe.

All rumors, but it's Kojima so go figure.

Konami has been going downhill ever since they changed their logo to that boring looking thing that you'd expect to see at a bank and not a games company.

Marketing ploy? I dunno; the only truth is that Konami screwed up big time. If Hideo leaves every single publisher house will fight to get him and Kojima studio.

I honestly couldn't care less about MGS but after PT I was really looking forward to Silent Hills and the fact that it might be canceled and even if it's not that Kojima won't be involved now really sucks

Konami really did screw up with this IMO and I don't think they'll be able to recover if MGSV and Silent Hills both crash &  burn

God this gen is becoming worse and worse. That was one of the few exciting things shown at last year E3. The teaser was totally awesome.

I have currently absolutely no reason to buy a next gen console.

• Like 1

Marketing ploy? I dunno; the only truth is that Konami screwed up big time. If Hideo leaves every single publisher house will fight to get him and Kojima studio.

If he leaves i hope he will start his own company. I would support him if the first project of his newly started company would be a kickstarter project. I really don't want him to work for any of the big publishers including Sony, Microsoft, EA, Ubi, Activision, ...

Big publishers are killing this industry imo. I look at my Steam library and out of 85 games i must have at the very most around 10 or 15 games from the publishers listed above. And this is counting Watch Dogs which i got for free, installed, played for 3 hours and un-installed.

• Like 1

If he leaves i hope he will start his own company. I would support him if the first project of his newly started company would be a kickstarter project. I really don't want him to work for any of the big publishers including Sony, Microsoft, EA, Ubi, Activision, ...

Big publishers are killing this industry imo. I look at my Steam library and out of 85 games i must have at the very most around 10 or 15 games from the publishers listed above. And this is counting Watch Dogs which i got for free, installed, played for 3 hours and un-installed.

yeah, watch dogs was the biggest hyped up disappointment for me ever.   i think i lasted 5 hours, because i just could not believe how bad it was, and i was hoping it will become better.

kickstarter would be brilliant for him.

yeah, watch dogs was the biggest hyped up disappointment for me ever.   i think i lasted 5 hours, because i just could not believe how bad it was, and i was hoping it will become better.

kickstarter would be brilliant for him.

Playing Watch Dogs was almost like playing Goat Simulator. The only difference is Goat Simulation is a parody of games like Watch Dogs. A very well done parody i must say :p

Crapcom and K*ntami have been at it a while. Konami have just gone fully insane the past few months. 

but he already has his own company; the problem IMHO is that Kojima is part of a past of videogames, where games would be crafted for several years as opposed to yearly releases; games would be pushing the technology further, as opposed to being stale and using last years (or more) tech; games would be developed and handled with special care, so minimal patches would be necessary, as opposed to day 1 big patches and a torrent of several fixes for a limp, rushed game; and finally games that had superb storytelling and give the player the consequences for their actions (The Sorrow boss fight, in MGS 3, is a big example of this) either good or bad, as opposed to empty, mindless games that are getting more and more dumbed down for a already dumbed audience.

Because of all that and more, Kojima isn't the best for today's Konami, in fact is the opposite - he spends hundreds more, takes more time to develop and even disapproves certain decisions that the parent company does (MGS:GZ is a good example of that, where he advised Konami to release the game as a tech demo instead of charging up) and all of the above cost time and money in a videogames world that every Joe thinks that can make a masterpiece like MGS is less time with less money.

Unfortunately for us Konami is very successful outside of the videogames industry and even if they are abandoing / losing certain IPs (Silent Hill, MGS, Castlevania) they have others IPs (PES) and a whole industry of vending machines that gets them more money in less time than MGS.