Hacked French network exposed its own passwords during TV interview

While French authorities continued investigating how the TV5Monde network had 11 of its stations' signals interrupted the night before, one of its staffers proved just how likely a basic password theft might have led to the incident.

In an interview with French news program 13 Heures, TV5Monde reporter David Delos unwittingly revealed at least one password for the station's social media presence. That's because he was filmed in front of a staffer's desk

That is... I don't know what that is.

I do have some passwords written down, but they are buried in places where one has to look really hard to find, even though I live alone.

That is... I don't know what that is.

I do have some passwords written down, but they are buried in places where one has to look really hard to find, even though I live alone.

It's your typical person. While they might not have them tapped to their screen, they do have them written in a notebook near by. That's only if they used different passwords for every website. Most people just use the same one.

go around any set of cubicles, you'll find that usernames and passwords stuck to the walls is pretty common.

one would expect due to a severe hacking attack better security measures should take place.