Do you plan to upgrade your Windows tablets to Windows 10?

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to upgrade your Windows tablets to Windows 10?

I know that a lot of people (me included) are unhappy about the change/removal of edge gestures and the change to the Start Menu/Start Screen.

Let me know your thoughts below.

Despite the loss of usability and requiring much more hand travel to use. the added functionality makes me upgrade.

of course the added functionality could have been added without gimping the usability and excellent tablet UX on the existing windows 8.1 but... 

We'll see what happens down the road as it seems they are changing things with newer builds and adding in some stuff back form 8.1. I doubt it but hopefully fast app switching is one of them. and bottom adress bar or user setting for top or bottom is one of the highest rates requests and they said they're paying attention to it. 

I haven't seen anything in Windows 10 so far that makes me want to upgrade any of my computers to it, tablet ot non-tablet.  My Surface Pro 3 runs perfectly fine with Windows 8.1 and I don't intend to upgrade it to Win 10.

I'm not exactly sure what added functionality Hawkman is referring to.  Cortana?  The new Start menu?  I don't have a need or desire for either so no impetus there to upgrade.

Wait and see. Right now, the touch experience SUCKS. I'm afraid that in all the panic, Microsoft may have lost sight of what it means to actually have a great touch UX. It seems more of an afterthought - Kinda like how touch is "bolted on" to Windows 7.

Microsoft threw the baby out with the bathwater.   :(

• Like 2

As soon as possible everything I have that uses Windows will be upgraded to 10, I see n o point in delaying the inevitable over some minor gripes and whines most people seem to have about 8/10

Most of them, yes. I have one holdout which is just too bloody old to be anything but a paperweight nowadays, an old Q1 UMPC which barely even runs XP Tablet Edition. Couple currently run 7, so yea, zero hesitation going to 10.

Since it'll be free, probably. My wife has an Asus T100... though space is pretty tight (32GB) so it'll be interesting to see how to actually do the upgrade. My Surface RT of course is out of luck... but oh well, it still runs RT 8.0 for the jailbreak anyway...

I selected wait and see

Still not convinced it is very good with touch. At the moment it's a big step back from 8.1

If they make secure boot mandatory I'm not sure my current machines will be able to run it. They are perfectly good machines so if they do make SB mandatory I'll probably wait until I get a new machine before I upgrade. Hopefully by then all the "kinks" will be out of it and I won't have too many problems.