Bioshock Infinite Fps Issue

Hello fellow Neowinians. :)

I've always thought something may be wrong hardware wise with my odd performance in this game. However I have no issues in other games or any issue have very minimal impact on performance in other games. My hardware is older but they surpass the specifications required for this game. Generally my fps is above 60fps even in wide open areas and during firefights. It is only when standing directly in front of doors, some walls or entering the options screen that my fps will plummet. I've upgraded my gpu drivers numerous times since I noticed this issue and I can't recall if this has always been an issue. I remember I used to get a lot more stutter but with recent Nvidia drivers that's not an issue anymore, only the odd fps drops. This issue happens on Very High and Ultra, haven't tried high yet. My hardware should be fine for Very High and Ultra, if my hardware was insufficient I'd have performance issues ingame across the board. Steam forums were no help as everyone there loves blaming hardware.

I've tried tweaking the ini's for this game using suggested tweaks. I've tried tweaking settings in my Nvidia control panel. Nothing I've tried has yielded any improvement or resolved the issue. I'm planning on upgrading my gpu soon and purchasing a GTX 970 however I'm running into money problems atm so that won't be for a while yet. A motherboard and cpu upgrade is planned at some point, gpu is currently my priority.

My specifications are:

Sabertooth X58 motherboard.

Core i7 950 @ 4.2 Ghz

6GB DDR3 1600 Corsair XMS3 Ram

2x 2TB SATA Hitachi drives & 1 320GB Toshiba SATA drive

2x EVGA Geforce GTX 460 (TR and AR models) in sli.

Forceware 347.09 WHQL.

I was using the more recent 347.88 forceware drivers however rolled back instability or some other issue. I'm at a loss how to resolve this issue. It seems to be an issue with the game or a driver issue than anything else. Posted here since this section seemed more suitable and I'm not really experiencing any issues like this with other games. If there is a more suitable section feel free to move my thread. Thanks.

^ I tried that, not the issue apparently. Also tried tweaking settings related to vsync. Unless something is bugged with Nvidia drivers and my gpu or it's the game itself, I don't know what's left to try at this point.

I've had a lot going on the past week and seem to recall I posted about this issue or at least mentioned it in another thread. Any other cases seemed to be the games themselves or having inadequate hardware, the only time I see these drops in Bioshock Infinite is standing directly in front of or staring at a door and certain walls so this is a legitimate issue. The fps loss with a single gpu is unbearable and I'd like to get this performance issue ironed out since I was doing a playthrough of 1999 mode and this is making it annoying.

I came across a post on Gamefaqs explaining the issue and it's an issue with the game and Nvidia hardware or drivers..

Apparently Very High or Ultra Dynamic Shadows, Alternate Post Process and Vsync are bugged with Nvidia hardware. Newer gpu's might not be affected however this odd issue chokes performance with my hardware. Dropping dynamic shadows to high and using normal post process with vsync disabled eliminated the issue with fps plummeting while standing in front of closed doors and certain walls.

If there's a workaround or fix for this issue so I can raise my settings to max I'd love to know.