Australians Try Australian-American Food

lol, Outback Steakhouse.

I travel a lot for work and clients always take me there because they think it is Australian food and cause I'm from Australia I'd like it. Some of the meals are okay I guess but just because they slapped the name of an Australian city onto the meals or play on the stereotypes created by the movie Crocodile Dundee it doesn't mean its actual food you'll see commonly in Australia.

I've seen an Outback Steakhouse in NSW but don't believe they have any in other parts of Australia like Melbourne, Perth or Hobart. It doesn't seem to be very big over here.

You have to be really naive or stupid to think Outback was a real Aussie restaurant, the maddeningly fake accent in the commercials should be the first indication, the goofy "aussie" names the other  

Australian food is kind of a mix of lots of different food because of immigration. Much like America and other Western countries.

I think there are a few meat pie shops opening in the U.S. Try one of those if you want something Australian. Or you could be like an average Aussie like me with "taco Tuesdays" & "Stir Fri-days" :p

Australian food is kind of a mix of lots of different food because of immigration. Much like America and other Western countries.

I think there are a few meat pie shops opening in the U.S. Try one of those if you want something Australian. Or you could be like an average Aussie like me with "taco Tuesdays" & "Stir Fri-days" :p

Spent 10 days in Australia in the early 90's on a couple of Aussie Army and Air Force bases, we ate what was made in the chow hall, the only thing I hadn't seen or heard of was Cordial (juice not the liquor ) that was really good 

id love to see the US try and start up a british pie and mash shop.

but those australians are correct american food is just way to sweet, over here in england Tesco one of the big supermarket co's have started importing American food.

the store in my town has ilse that has nothing but "american food" on it and there is not one item on it that is of any nutritional value even the poptarts have stickers over the "a good source of vitamins and minerals"  labelling on the front of the box.

The first time I saw an Outback Steakhouse was when I was on vacation in Montreal. :/

but those australians are correct american food is just way to sweet, over here in england Tesco one of the big supermarket co's have started importing American food.

the store in my town has ilse that has nothing but "american food" on it and there is not one item on it that is of any nutritional value even the poptarts have stickers over the "a good source of vitamins and minerals"  labelling on the front of the box.

Well what do you mean by "American food" there? You're talking about processed junk like poptarts? Fast food junk like McDonalds? A lot of real American cuisine, the type you cook and find in real restaurants, is pretty good and not sweet at all (you don't add sugar to meat or soups).

The first time I saw an Outback Steakhouse was when I was on vacation in Montreal. :/

Well what do you mean by "American food" there? You're talking about processed junk like poptarts? Fast food junk like McDonalds? A lot of real American cuisine, the type you cook and find in real restaurants, is pretty good and not sweet at all (you don't add sugar to meat or soups).

This is what is peddled as "american food" by Tesco supermarket.

[]http://imgur.com/gallery/LftJnYc

This is what is peddled as "american food" by Tesco supermarket.

[]http://imgur.com/gallery/LftJnYc

That looks like a selection of items that can still be consumed a year or so past their purchase dates, probably with no change in taste, texture, or nutritional value. It's not the kind of stuff that people live on...though I knew someone once who lived off mac & cheese.