IP Address Doesn't Verify Movie Pirate, says Judge.

Or if you have one of those that ships with a router password "I disabled the security to make it easier for my family to use"

I don't think any of mine have. Are they random passwords or are they like "admin" default login passwords you use to alter the settings of your router?

If it is the same, generic password on every device, especially if it broadcasts an SSID which shows the make/model then anyone could just Google those passwords.

There seems to be plenty of ways to introduce reasonable doubt.

I think piracy is a symptom, not the cause, of a much bigger problem that many companies simply aren't willing to deal with. They want a system where they can overcharge and under deliver but those days are over with.

Too many middlemen that do not want to give up their part of the cake.

Like you mentioned pirates offer a fast and quality service without these middlemen "adding their price value" onto the product.

It took this long for streaming to get to where it is. It is not a bad step as can be seen with some series like House of Cards and may i say .. Daredevil.

But the streaming quality is lacking. It is still not where it could be or what some people want.

Something like the TTIP agreement will give all these leeches more power and less power to consumers who just want a better product world wide.

In a way these studios fail to realise that they are blessed having so many people in the world who speak and understand english. 

Shame that they don't bank on this factor in a more efficient manner.

It took this long for streaming to get to where it is. It is not a bad step as can be seen with some series like House of Cards and may i say .. Daredevil.

But the streaming quality is lacking. It is still not where it could be or what some people want.

For clarification, when you say "streaming quality is lacking..." do you mean streaming doesn't offer enough content or do you feel that streaming is lacking technologically (e.g. internet infrastructure in some areas is too poor for streaming, or the content is too fragmented across providers/platforms, etc.)

In a way these studios fail to realise that they are blessed having so many people in the world who speak and understand english. 

This is an interesting point I don't think I have considered. The bias of being an English speaker, I suppose.

I guess if you in Sweden making Swedish content or In South Africa trying to make profit off of Xhosa content you'd be in trouble. I think English is the third most spoken language, after Mandarin and Spanish, and English speaking countries make a lot of entertainment... so... It does seem to be quite an advantage.

I guess if you in Sweden making Swedish content or In South Africa trying to make profit off of Xhosa content you'd be in trouble. I think English is the third most spoken language, after Mandarin and Spanish, and English speaking countries make a lot of entertainment... so... It does seem to be quite an advantage.

Whilst more actual people speak Mandarin or Spanish than English, IIRC, English is spoken in more countries than the others, even if a second language, so would likely have a greater market penetration.  After all, most of China isn't even accessible to the entertainment industry...

For clarification, when you say "streaming quality is lacking..." do you mean streaming doesn't offer enough content or do you feel that streaming is lacking technologically (e.g. internet infrastructure in some areas is too poor for streaming, or the content is too fragmented across providers/platforms, etc.)

The amount of content is slowly on the rise. Maybe this GoT leak will also somehow contribute towards more shows embracing streaming.

What I really meant however was the quality of the stream. You are right that some areas lack the infrastructure but the "HD option" should really have a higher bitrate.

Resolution isn't everything and sound plays a huge role for some people.

I guess this will develop in time but it explains why applications like popcorn hour seem to be doing it right and fulfilling a niche.

This is an interesting point I don't think I have considered. The bias of being an English speaker, I suppose.

Loads of people in central Europe are able to watch the newest episodes of X series. And I guess that most young people these days prefer this method as opposed to waiting for a localised language version.

In a way this is actually the norm nowadays. Uni kids who mostly study in international environments speak English and are quickly accustomed to the lifestyle of downloading only what they need. Once they head out for jobs in whichever country .. they normally do not even bother with a TV / license as the current economic climate makes you travel whilst trying to save up.

You are right that some countries with languages that are not widely used might have a harder time getting their content to an international crowd but maybe it has always been like that. English speaking countries do indeed produce the most entertainment with a very broad reach.

A localised version of Better Call Saul was released on the very next day (after the US release) on Netflix in Germanic countries. That is certainly an improvement over Breaking Bad which took 1 year to be released in Germany. Young people don't tend to wait that long.

I don't think any of mine have. Are they random passwords or are they like "admin" default login passwords you use to alter the settings of your router?

If it is the same, generic password on every device, especially if it broadcasts an SSID which shows the make/model then anyone could just Google those passwords.

Perhaps it's more common in the US for routers to ship without passwords, but my ISP supplied router (I have a Virgin Media superhub 2) comes with a wifi password that's calculated according to some algorithm built into the router. Naturally I change mine, but most WiFi here is nowadays relatively secure.

My router I just purchased from TP-Link had a default password / ID of "admin/admin". But when I configured it, i could change my username and password, though the password isn't very secure. It's Az09 setup, Capital, lower and numbers only. :(