Raspberry Pi 2 B+

So, I bought a Raspberry Pi 2 B+. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. What Operating systems can be installed on it (Linux only).

I was originally thinking of buying a few of them and building an HPC for encoding my anime, since it's cheaper and runs on less power.

I love to learn, that's why I bought this, but I don't even know where to start.

You could try out RasPlex (aka Plex) and Raspbmc (aka XBMC) and hook it up as a Media Streaming device to your TV.

I've got a friend who uses his as a VPN gateway as he travels a lot so he can hook back into UK only services (iplayer etc...) and get into his home network.

If you want to encode then there are some guides out there on how to make an HPC cluster I think the easiest way is with Raspbian and some clustering software called Ansible, but I've not really looked into it.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2283959/nvidia-explains-how-to-build-a-raspberry-pi-server-cluster

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/07/19/secret-recipe-for-raspberry-pi-server-cluster-unleashed/

Final note, for the moment you are pretty much limited to Linux, but MS has said they're going to release a free version of Windows 10 for Pi, but that won't be until normal windows 10 is realeased at the earliest.

Thanks Phil!

I'll be buying a couple more, I was thinking about using 10 in total, 1 as a master, and 9 for the zombies. I'd like to custom build a plexie glass case, and store like 20 or 30 in a "Super Tower" style case, with fans. I'll have to figure something out.

Thanks Phil!

I'll be buying a couple more, I was thinking about using 10 in total, 1 as a master, and 9 for the zombies. I'd like to custom build a plexie glass case, and store like 20 or 30 in a "Super Tower" style case, with fans. I'll have to figure something out.

Good luck, be interested to know how easy it is...also might be worth running a test with 2 (depending on how confident you are that it'll work) before you splash out on 8 more.