I have been very happy with the Cisco 3702 Access Points. I had a great connection with about 30 other clients on the same AP.

How has your experience been with it?

What about the 2600 or 2700 series??

The 2602 are awesome, I've deployed thousands of these with no issues.

I haven't played with the 3702's or 2702's because I've been worried about the support with controllers older controllers 2504-5505, there was a massive issue when the 5700 controllers came out and didn't support 2602 AP's even though Cisco said they did. This is now sorted out though.

I've had my home 3602i and 2504 WLC for a few years now and I've never had any issues, rock solid, except for the 7.5 WLC firmware.

I haven't played with the 3702's or 2702's because I've been worried about the support with controllers older controllers 2504-5505, there was a massive issue when the 5700 controllers came out and didn't support 2602 AP's even though Cisco said they did. This is now sorted out though.

I've had my home 3602i and 2504 WLC for a few years now and I've never had any issues, rock solid, except for the 7.5 WLC firmware.

that's good, thanks

Maybe you can help me then!:D I am working at a place that have 11 2602l's controlled by a 2504 WLC into a HP ProCurve 2530-24G switch. They are complaining to me that the network is incredibly slow, I have tested it and logging on takes minutes, anything server or internet related is really slow the point that it sometimes locks up. As soon as the device is wired up it works fast again... all wired devices on the network are as fast as they should be, wireless not so much.

I was about to reach out to the company that installed it, but before I do, you got any ideas of things I can try or look at?

Maybe you can help me then! :D I am working at a place that have 11 2602l's controlled by a 2504 WLC into a HP ProCurve 2530-24G switch. They are complaining to me that the network is incredibly slow, I have tested it and logging on takes minutes, anything server or internet related is really slow the point that it sometimes locks up. As soon as the device is wired up it works fast again... all wired devices on the network are as fast as they should be, wireless not so much.

I was about to reach out to the company that installed it, but before I do, you got any ideas of things I can try or look at?

And what do your basic diagnostics show?

And what do your basic diagnostics show?

What does this even mean?

Maybe you can help me then! :D I am working at a place that have 11 2602l's controlled by a 2504 WLC into a HP ProCurve 2530-24G switch. They are complaining to me that the network is incredibly slow, I have tested it and logging on takes minutes, anything server or internet related is really slow the point that it sometimes locks up. As soon as the device is wired up it works fast again... all wired devices on the network are as fast as they should be, wireless not so much.

Is it just 1Gb to the 2504 WLC? And are the AP's in local mode?

Also are these devices on a domain with roaming profiles?

How many device per AP? And when testing is the AP close by?

Are the laptops old? What wireless chipset are they using?

Have you tried different wireless drivers?

The fact you have HP switching and a Cisco controller with Cisco AP's is not an issue if that's what you're thinking it is.

Is it just 1Gb to the 2504 WLC? And are the AP's in local mode?

Also are these devices on a domain with roaming profiles?

How many device per AP? And when testing is the AP close by?

Are the laptops old? What wireless chipset are they using?

Have you tried different wireless drivers?

The fact you have HP switching and a Cisco controller with Cisco AP's is not an issue if that's what you're thinking it is.

Hi,

1gb - yes

local mode - yes

domain with roaming profiles - yes

devices per AP - hard to say really as it changes regularly, the building is relatively small and has plenty of APs for good coverage, they maybe have like 75 laptops and 30 iPads shared between 11 APs but they are never all in use at any one time.. at time of writing this there are 65 clients connected.

The laptops are relatively old, it is one thing I noticed when testing. I'm not 100% sure on WLAN drivers as not on site at the moment but will report that back soon.

Hi,

1gb - yes

local mode - yes

domain with roaming profiles - yes

devices per AP - hard to say really as it changes regularly, the building is relatively small and has plenty of APs for good coverage, they maybe have like 75 laptops and 30 iPads shared between 11 APs but they are never all in use at any one time.. at time of writing this there are 65 clients connected.

The laptops are relatively old, it is one thing I noticed when testing. I'm not 100% sure on WLAN drivers as not on site at the moment but will report that back soon.

Try while no1 is in the office with a user account that doesn't have roaming profiles enabled and see if it's fast. This will test if the speed is an issue with the load with roaming profiles of 75 users which will be massive.

NOTE 1: I Wouldn't recommend roaming profiles over wireless, the load will be massive and logon times will take ages. Maybe move to redirected directories.

NOTE 2: You could change the AP's to flexconnect mode for local switching but 'note 1' still applies.