No, Microsoft apps will not be preloaded on Cyanogen

On Neowin and other sites they have been using speculative rumors to suggest that Microsoft's partnership with Cyanogen will be preloading their apps, though the answer is quite clear already.

To highlight the one take away that matters to CyanogenMod users

Do they bundle Google apps in their Android releases? I was under the impression that they didn't, so this news doesn't surprise me.

Do they bundle Google apps in their Android releases? I was under the impression that they didn't, so this news doesn't surprise me.

I don't think so, you have to download the GAPPS files separately

They used to until Google took legal action against them.

Ah, and so people thought that with Microsoft passing them some money they would feel "inclined" to bundle in extra apps? Fair play, although I would still argue that the modding team wouldn't want to make such a decision for fear of losing a part of their userbase.

Well, good news all around either way!

On Neowin and other sites they have been using speculative rumors to suggest that Microsoft's partnership with Cyanogen will be preloading their apps, though the answer is quite clear already.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/microsoft-and-cm12-1-nightlies

The articles about this today are talking about Cyanogen OS, a product of Cyanogen, Inc. which WILL be including Microsoft apps in the future. Please do not confuse this with CyanogenMod, the community driven effort that will NOT be including Microsoft apps nor includes the Gapps. The Neowin article was confusing... I would suggest Android Police if looking for good Android news coverage.

The articles about this today are talking about Cyanogen OS, a product of Cyanogen, Inc. which WILL be including Microsoft apps in the future. Please do not confuse this with CyanogenMod, the community driven effort that will NOT be including Microsoft apps nor includes the Gapps. The Neowin article was confusing... I would suggest Android Police if looking for good Android news coverage.

Yeah, but Cyanogen OS is preinstalled software, so it doesn't matter in the first place.

Yeah, but Cyanogen OS is preinstalled software, so it doesn't matter in the first place.

Correct and I agree with you... I just commented because even your post didn't seem totally "clear" on the issue in my opinion.

Yea, frontpage article was wrong/misleading.  But not surprised anymore on that.

And I am betting there will still be some C OS phones with Google services.  Which makes to wonder how many users will be confused with what they are buying.  Unless Google services and MS services are loaded together.

Yea, frontpage article was wrong/misleading.  But not surprised anymore on that.

And I am betting there will still be some C OS phones with Google services.  Which makes to wonder how many users will be confused with what they are buying.  Unless Google services and MS services are loaded together.

There are no Cyanogen S phones with google services pre-installed. only Android certified devices/software is allowed to sell with GApps pre installed. Cyanogen OS does not qualify. Google doesn't even really want you to install them yourself afterwards :/

Thanks for clearing that up. I would like to know how soon I can get the Bing Bundle. Is it something that'll come with a particular model of Android phone or is it something I can flash onto any Android phone I want?

Thanks for clearing that up. I would like to know how soon I can get the Bing Bundle. Is it something that'll come with a particular model of Android phone or is it something I can flash onto any Android phone I want?

It'll be on these phones, once they start the preloading deal.

CyanogenMod is the thing you can flash. It won't come with msapps.