Orientating a vertical case horizontally?

This might seem like a little bit of an odd question, but for a little while I might have to lie my vertical, mid-size case, horizontally. It might look a little strange, but is there anything I have to consider before doing this?

All of the drives are securely attached to the chassis, there is no optical drive, I am using water cooling but I don't see how that could effect anything. No exhaust or intake fans will be blocked in the place I plan on putting the case.

So, am I overlooking for forgetting anything?

As long as the motherboard is at the bottom, there shouldn't be a problem.

I've seen some Dells that can either sit vertical or on its side.

Yes, just make sure the motherboard is at the bottom as already stated.

Other than that, make sure your watercooling doesn't leak if placed sideways. I know I had a reservoir one time that the fill port did not fully seal because the gasket and threads were garbage chinese plastic and it would leak if I tipped the computer on its side.

OK cool. But I am curious, why does it matter that the MB is at the bottom? It will be orientated that way anyway, but why does it matter?

OK cool. But I am curious, why does it matter that the MB is at the bottom? It will be orientated that way anyway, but why does it matter?

So the heat rises away from the MB and not onto it.

Ventilation ... In reality it really doesn't matter.

Yeh you'll be fine with it horizontal.

Mobo on the bottom is better for ventilation, but as has been said probably doesn't make all that much difference, I'd more say you want the Mobo on the bottom more for component stress, i.e. everything sitting on it rather than hanging from it.

With a watercooler its probably less of an issue as the cooler block is not too big or heavy.

But some large fan coolers can get quite heavy. Mine is 500g (heaviest Arctic Cooling one is over 900g), add all the chips, circuits, RAM, etc.. I'd say a fully loaded mobo can easily weigh over 1KG, which is a fair amount to hang on 6 or so little mounting screws, I'm not saying it would fall off, just makes far more sense to have it all sat on the mobo and mounts rather than hanging from it.