Hardware Demise - Join the pyre

My former coil-whine "factory repaired" MSI GTX770 OC has failed this morning.

To add further sadness, it's decided to take my Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag game save (14 lvl60 Pirate Hunter Man'o'wars) with it. :(

tw1fBg7h.jpg

7OpQLefh.jpg

78gP9ykh.jpg

It's going into it's coffin (factory return box) this evening, feel free to say a few words of respect or curse whomever sourced its capacitors.

Share your recently departed hardware and tales of woe.

Recently had a Microsoft Surface Pro fall onto a MacBook Air. The MacBook Air still works but it has a nasty ding on the top and the screen is a bit distorted in that area from the impact. The Surface has a small abrasion on its edge but otherwise works fine.

I guess you could say the Mac got hit by a Surface to Air missile.

• Like 3

It just gets better and better. I turned what's left of my computer on last night to find it to be quieter than normal. I assumed that it would likely be due to the now absent MSI GTX 770 and proceeded to watch a bluray film.

20 minutes in, the system shuts down and I assume it's a power cut etc. Turns out the Corsair H100i has now developed a fault!

The pump is stuck (making a 'click, click, click' sound), not lighting up and only powering 1/4 fans attached to it. This is the second unit I've had with the previous one being replaced in January for abnormally noisy pump and a failing fan.

So, computer-less - I decided to try and watch the same film on my ageing first gen Sony PS3. Well that was a mistake, the unit has now finally YLOD'ed about 30 minutes in.

I decided that I've personally offended some higher power's mother that controls the well-being of my tech and decided it was best that I just went to bed - but not before removing my Sony Z1 from it's magnetic dock and finding that the magnet mount has sheered away from it's housing and is still attached to my handset. @&*