Cat7 Cables - Uhhh... what ?

I still cant get over the "3-day burn in process" of a power cable. 

Need to heat up the little ferrite cores ? :rofl:

you have to align the magnetic poles, magnetic fields and atoms of the coble for the correct power type and frequency in your house as well the the geomagnetic field and gravitonic pull that affects signal quality. why do you think audio cables high arrows showing direction of signal travel... 

• Like 2

Expensive cables are much better than the cheaper ones

Cheap Cable - 101010

Expensive Cable - 101010

as you can see above, the expensive cable has better 1s and 0s

a few months ago I bought Cat-8 cable to future proof myself

In theory you are sorta right, but you're also wrong.

Digital cables aren't perfect and more expensive/quality cables will offer less signal errors. for short distances and lower speeds this doesn't matter, for network cables it matters even less because ethernet is based on the very fact that will be signal error and collisions, and will therefore resend any bad bits. this is partly what can give you packet loss in games, and unless you have REALLY bad cables it won't matter in the slightest. 

for high speed cables where you can't just resend data though, quality over distance becomes an issue. 2 meters and below any quality will generally work unless it's broken. but the longer it gets the higher the chance of getting green stars or audio faults on the signal. This doesn't mean you need to pay 500 dollars for a 10-15 meter cables, but, you probably will need/want to pay at least 100. for 10 meter you may get away with a cheap one(the actual drop of where they won't certify HDMI cables is actually 12M, after that you need special certification to test and guarantee it works).

So no, just because it's digital doesn't mean that you get the same 0's and 1's out the other end, but it means the falloff for error are very steep, so the point inbetween signal and no signal where you have fault in the picture is very narrow. But it exists, I've had green stars/sparkles on my picture on long cheap cables myself. and it means that for signals that aren't real time, you can head proper error correction with resend of data packets. 

No no, you didn't read the q and a.  This cable is loaded with more 0's and can pass 1's around bends easier.  You bend the cable too much, the ones get stuck because they are like a stick, the 0's though they are more ergonomic and can travel through the cable without getting stuck around the bends.

Funny thing is. how much you can bend a cable is part of the cat.x spec and you will lower the quality and lose it's cat.x category if you bend it to hard, step on it, or pull to hard when dragging it :) 

A more expensive cable in itself of course won't allow you to bend more or pull harder, though there are cables that are more bend resilient and cables made for pulling with a wire core, and these do tend to be more expensive :)

solid core vs stranded there isn't much, if any, cost difference...it is when you get to shielded vs non shielded and plenum vs pvc where the price increases quite a bit (shielded also offers a bit more resiliency to non shielded cable) and the stranded is meant to take more bending than solid core which why you see stranded more often for patch cables vs solid core...where solid core is better for pulling.  As far as stepping on it, you can unravel the cable enough internally when running it over or stepping on it which would bring the cable out of spec...all 4 pairs must maintain a certain amount of twists per inch as well as each pair, each pair is twisted x amount of times per inch and the cable itself is twisted y amount of times per inch under the outer jacket which is the key to maintain the rating (cat5, cat6, etc).

cat5 = certified 100mbps.

cat6 = certified 1gbps

cat7 = unofficial 10gbps standard not by the same organisation that made cat5 and cat6 standards.

cat8 = upcoming official standard that will be certified for 40gbps.

cat8 will be very popular in server farms, hosting centres etc as you can have 1 cable instead of 4 cables, you can also purchase new equipment so you have less racks of switches etc which means less electricity, less space required, less cooling needed etc. 40Gbps will become very popular once the prices of equipment becomes affordable which could take a while.

I am working on cat10 Ultra standard - every cable will come attached to parallel OC768 w/ mutating bit swap algorithms.  Compressors w/ alternating PSync entagled qubits - variably projecting 1 ZB/sec

But I am in the early stages of the whole quantum entanglent thing - little buggers are hard to catch @ room temp !

Right, 01Michael10, the reviews and Q&A are hilarious.  I'm sitting here busting out laughing at the smart-a** comments/answers like "This is used by Batman, other cables are not."