Windows 10 Install Screen Mockup

So what is the actual font they use?

Segoe UI, Warwagon, as per LimeMaster. It has been the default system font since Windows Vista, but Windows 8 changes its appearance in some respects.

Segoe UI, Warwagon, as per LimeMaster. It has been the default system font since Windows Vista, but Windows 8 changes its appearance in some respects.

ah so I did use the right one.

I know. They've gone the way of Black on white, white on black or just grey ...eww

I think that's a windows 8 font Segoe UI

Or whatever color.

Font for Windows 8 is supposed to be Segoe UI Light not Segoe UI.

Ya the white looks a little better but now its too white. Now the white makes my eyes bleed.

I can say the same about Black & Orange .

More pleased about a dark red font on a light yellow background .

I can say the same about Black & Orange .

More pleased about a dark red font on a light yellow background .

3 pages later, now you say WW's screenshots make your eyes bleed. 

:rolleyes:

Can't please everyone.  Microsoft can't please everyone... 

It is a friggin installation.  I don't care how it looks. All I do is run the installation then do something else.  Simple.

It is a friggin installation.  I don't care how it looks. All I do is run the installation then do something else.  Simple.

Or eat something , as I often do then .

We should be pleased with that we can customize this things , by our wish .

Or eat something , as I often do then .

We should be pleased with that we can customize this things , by our wish .

Andrea? Is that you? No wait....different attention seeking troll. My mistake. Anyway...warwagon, I like your mock up. The only thing I'd change would be the progress bar, I'd prefer if it used a fade effect of the windows colors. But, like has been mentioned, I rarely stare at the install menu. I usually find something else to do. Good job, though! Simplistic and straight to the point. Tons better than Microsoft's implementation.

Andrea? Is that you? No wait....different attention seeking troll. My mistake. Anyway...warwagon, I like your mock up. The only thing I'd change would be the progress bar, I'd prefer if it used a fade effect of the windows colors. But, like has been mentioned, I rarely stare at the install menu. I usually find something else to do. Good job, though! Simplistic and straight to the point. Tons better than Microsoft's implementation.

Oh , c'mon ... even if I'm not saying how bad all that mockup would be without a retouch I'm still a troll ?

Thanks. I totally didn't create that progress bar. I just found it on Google images.

Right now I just looked over to my Mackbook pro downloading the latest build and OMG ....that Windows update box.

So lets see we have

White

Black

Light Grey

Dark Grey

Even a lighter grey.

Ya the white looks a little better but now its too white. Now the white makes my eyes bleed.

Light or dark - the choice is yours! :)

1427302938_colors_01.png

• 2 weeks later...