Virgin Media 100Mb Nightmare

If all else fails, I've had good results making a complaint twitter post, the only way Comcast got around to fixing our issue a year ago 

Well Guys I have been Monitoring my connection and it seems everything seems to be ok for the time been. Last night the speed was around 100mb at the times when problems were occuring. I am hopeful that the problem has been corrected. I have emailed the CEO since two days now so lets see what happens at that front. I have super Hub 2 not the old modem. I have tried the Windows App and speed I get at the moment is 100mb, so finger crossed and Now I need to see if the problem comes back at the times when it's worse....

Got an email from CEO office this morning, The case number has been allocated and someone will contact me shortly regarding this. Thats what the message is in email.

Lets see where do we go to.....

I get like 11-12MB/sec downloads on a good connection most times of the day.. I LOVE my 100mb from Virgin it has been faultless :D

If they aren't delivering your service just contact a CEO or some else high up, they'll let you out of the contract

Right Guys I have been given a solution, A tech guy will call me today to troubleshoot.. Have been give some credit back on the account by the CEO office and The new Superhub 2 they call it that has been given to me free of charge....

But not out of the Contract.. Thats not possible according to them.....

Right Guys I have been given a solution, A tech guy will call me today to troubleshoot.. Have been give some credit back on the account by the CEO office and The new Superhub 2 they call it that has been given to me free of charge....

But not out of the Contract.. Thats not possible according to them.....

Oh it is possible alright. Maybe your lines sorted now, if not, phone up customer services and tell them to open a dispute with the ombudsman (record the call as well just in case they try fobbing you off so you can forward that to them too). Once that's happened, send them everything you've sent to VM and their responses and they'll go through it and if they think VM are taking the ######, will order them to cancel the contract right there and then, and usually give you compensation.

^^ Well the woman who phoned me she was in so much rush to close the complaint from the CEO office. She just covered the basic points. The email and three pages letter which I have written she didn't even look at that. I can tell from the reply when I pushed her regarding the Letter. I think you are right the line is sorted now and she SAID OH WELL EVERYTHING IS OK NOW!!..So I can't apply more credit...I doubt they will compensate me because she said it's a residential contract we don't do compensation for the Stress, inconvenience and hassle or neither for the time spent on the phone even though the trouble shooting has lasted for more than hour on various occasions....to be honsest I haven't got more energy to deal with this......But I am sure there should be something to keep an eye on this people and their shoddy customer service...

^^ Well the woman who phoned me she was in so much rush to close the complaint from the CEO office. She just covered the basic points. The email and three pages letter which I have written she didn't even look at that. I can tell from the reply when I pushed her regarding the Letter. I think you are right the line is sorted now and she SAID OH WELL EVERYTHING IS OK NOW!!..So I can't apply more credit...I doubt they will compensate me because she said it's a residential contract we don't do compensation for the Stress, inconvenience and hassle or neither for the time spent on the phone even though the trouble shooting has lasted for more than hour on various occasions....to be honsest I haven't got more energy to deal with this......But I am sure there should be something to keep an eye on this people and their shoddy customer service...

Ah, there's a slight difference, VM might tell their staff not to compensate you more, but if you take it to the ombudsman and alternative dispute resolution, they can order the company to compensate you, regardless if the company wants to or not.

^^ She said it's a residential contract we don't do compensation for that which I said in my earlier reply... How much truth is in there? And if one takes it to Ombudsman does the residential contract holds any weight??

^^ She said it's a residential contract we don't do compensation for that which I said in my earlier reply... How much truth is in there? And if one takes it to Ombudsman does the residential contract holds any weight??

This is why ISPs always say "up to" in their speed descriptions, then they can say there's no minimum speed.

I'd probably cancel the direct debit (I assume you pay that way?) and tell 'em to 'whistle for it'! .. but that's me being a cantankerous old git!

For what it's worth I have no issues with my 100mbit connection!

^^ Mate you just made me laugh:) Wish it was that simple...

Just recived a call from their tech department which is one of the better ones at Swansea, The network seems to be ok. And my connection seems to be ok and stable at 100mb. So I think the line has bee sorted..

But boy this has been one hassleful issue...

Didn't they make a law saying if you don't receive a minimum percentage of the top speed then you are allowed to exit your contract with no penalty??

If it isn't already it is something that should be made in to law.

1) When did you last "renew" or renegotiate a price?

Doing this will start a new contract; usually 18 months.  So did you renew anything around July last year?  If you didn't, you'll be on a 30-day rolling contract.

2) Ask them to send you a copy of your current contract.

If they can't - there is no contract and you can leave.

3) Search out your contract.

Check the dates and how long you're in the contract for.

5) Wait until they raise prices

You can exit a contract penalty free if the raise the price mid-contract (usually happens around Feb/March time)

6) Let us know how you get on

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I thought I let you know this is the last resolution I have been given by Virgin Media CEO TEAM for my problems.