Logitech moving away from mouse and keyboard business

That's sad news for me, I own a bunch of Logitech's gadgets and I really like them. :(

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/23/logitech-inter-results-idUSL1N0XK02P20150423

I've found their recent offerings unappealing.  I'm still rocking the MX3100 after almost 10 years (purchased April 29, 2005).  Probably should buy a new setup sometime soon..  

The MX series is the best quality for price mouse that I've used. Accurate, light, comfortable, great battery life, enough buttons to bind for most applications...

That's sad news for me, I own a bunch of Logitech's gadgets and I really like them. :(

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/23/logitech-inter-results-idUSL1N0XK02P20150423

Logitech has been more than mice and keyboards for years now - have we forgotten about their webcams. speakers and headphones, gaming controllers. etc.

Sheesh.

Mx518

Aye, epic gaming mouse right there. :)

Logitech has been more than mice and keyboards for years now - have we forgotten about their webcams. speakers and headphones, gaming controllers. etc.

Sheesh.

Yes and No. I hate their webcams, they've never worked well for me. Headphones were great, but cheaply made so they broke often. Their speakers, are amazing. I love my 5.1, too bad it isn't actually 5.1

I have the G700s and while it is a wonderfully comfortable mouse the battery life sucks big, big time. I use it with a braided cable I bought (the one it came with is way too thick) 90% of the time because I don't bother to unplug it anymore. I'm tempted to buy the new MX since I read some reviews.

replace the battery with a high Mah one, andndont run it at the stupidly high polling and transfer rates and the battery time will match other gaming mice, turn them down further and it will match the Mx series, and yes you can still game just as good with it.

I wish the Performance MX would be the exact same size of the new MX Master mouse - it would be perfect.... AKA MX Revolution (best mouse ever made)

As mentioned, they are not getting out of the mouse & plank market - they are getting out of the no profit cheap OEM-branded mouse/KB market.

May have to do with the fact that at least in the "gamer" segment there are a lot of companies making better mice and mechanical keyboards

IMO Logitech products have been overrated for quite a few years now, you know it's bad when I can get as good or better with the Monoprice rebadged mice and keyboards, and at a better price 

CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-Logitech moves away from computer mouse, looks to wireless

And given they had to update it twice is it trustworthy anyway?

May have to do with the fact that at least in the "gamer" segment there are a lot of companies making better mice and mechanical keyboards

IMO Logitech products have been overrated for quite a few years now, you know it's bad when I can get as good or better with the Monoprice rebadged mice and keyboards, and at a better price 

Which monoprice ones do you think are better than the Logitech offerings?

I am not all that happy with my G710+, the stems on the keycaps seem to crack and break pretty quickly. Logitech expected me to send back an entire mechanical keyboard (~1.4kgs) to replace a few keycaps. Real stupid.

Which monoprice ones do you think are better than the Logitech offerings?

I am not all that happy with my G710+, the stems on the keycaps seem to crack and break pretty quickly. Logitech expected me to send back an entire mechanical keyboard (~1.4kgs) to replace a few keycaps. Real stupid.

Son has one of these, you have to buy it as soon as they are in stock, it is a great keyboard, and he has no problems with it, I've used it and it's really good from my views also 

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9433&seq=1&format=2

replace the battery with a high Mah one, andndont run it at the stupidly high polling and transfer rates and the battery time will match other gaming mice, turn them down further and it will match the Mx series, and yes you can still game just as good with it.

I stopped bothering as every update to the Logitech Gaming Software failed to fix the problem where profiles would swtich autmatically when you connect/disconnect the mouse. I ended up configuring the 3 profiles enabled by default and set them with the same exact settings. Using 500 mhz polling and 1850 DPI (my sweet spot for desktop use) lasts me around 7 or 8 hours which is still bad.

I'm seriously tempted by the MX but I wonder about these little details that Logitech didn't seem to care in their software.