Steam Issues

OK *takes a breather* I had problems getting a USB stick that would actually work... After all that...

I tried installing Mint, but it wouldn't come on. Then I remember, I had a Geforce 440 laying around, put that in, installed without a glitch, tho, when I put new card in again, It kept black screening. So I ran nomodeset, got into desktop, got PPA in, updated to driver 349, after restart, I get a desktop, big and white :) (well, the desktop at least...)

I then attached my other monitor, no glitches anymore. I had to move around my displays in NVIDIA control center, but thats normal.

Through all this ######, I'm one happy camper. :) F U Ubuntu :angry:

You're like Orange_killer in a way... He answered all my questions. As you did here. Thank you for staying on this bumpy road with me... :D

I'm happy to help out. :) Sorry it was bumpy to begin with. Like I said, Ubuntu versions past 14.04 are flaky as all get out with Nvidia. Mint did a smart thing by sticking to a 14.04 base.

Glad it's working for you finally.

This works fine for me under Ubuntu 15.04 64bits with proprietary driver NVIDIA version 346 and the latest steam client :
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/nvidia-346/:/usr/lib/nvidia-346/" steam

Steam is no longer an issue, likehopper..