Have you been satisfied with the PS4's game library since launch?

Have you been satisfied with the PS4's game library since launch?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been satisfied with the PS4's game library since launch?

I can't say I'm impressed so far. The rumored Silent HIlls cancellation and the horrible DriveClub launch. Not much to look forward to in 2015 IMO.

Am I 100% satisfied? No.

In fact, if it wasn't for my upgrading my GTA5 I would say I was 100% dissatisfied, and to give an example, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Ultimate Evil Edition was on limited sale on the PS Store for

As far as exclusives go, not really, but there are some good multiplatform titles coming out soon so if you have one of the two consoles (Wii who?) or a PC, you should be happy.

IndieStation 4  :p

Nothing "Wow" yet. A few games that are coming out will be on PC also like Battlefront and ill take a PC over console with FPS. Destiny's controls were too much "Let me aim for you"

Am I 100% satisfied? No.

In fact, if it wasn't for my upgrading my GTA5 I would say I was 100% dissatisfied, and to give an example, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Ultimate Evil Edition was on limited sale on the PS Store for

There have been some good games, but I'm not entirely satisfied either. What I'm not satisfied with is the power of this generation; I'm hugely unimpressed by both the graphics and the performance of games. At a time when 4K is affordable I expected at least 1080p with anti-aliasing and consistent performance. Otherwise I could as well play on a mid-range PC connected to my TV?

Anyway, my #1 for PS4 this year is Metal Gear Solid. I really hope it delivers.

The few exclusives that have come out for the PS4 have not been for me.

I'm an inFamous fanboy, and was really disappointed in Second Son (although the game is pretty to look at)

I see that Driveclub has been fixed, but I'm not a racing game fan. Well except for Burnout Paradise type of games

And MLB the Show looks amazing, but I've since stopped buying sports games (not free, not for me :D )

Decided to give Bloodborne a shot (have since given up on it)

3rd Party games that i have played , have been great (Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation) and run smooth.

Well they dont have to worry about me trading anything in, because I've pretty much gone all digital :D  (except for KillZone & Metal Gear:GZ)

BloodBorne, Wolfenstien, Life is Strange and a handful of other games have been BRILLIANT on the PS4. Other than those it does seem we are getting nothing but remakes and indies. 
Then again, the indies and even the remakes have been great too. Still, this year comes across as a 'filler' for proper titles coming in 2016.

It looks like there are quite a few very good titles for this console. I'm still holding off - though I can't really explain why, maybe when the new Uncharted is out - i'll finally pull the trigger :p

it seems the gaming library is drying up, there isn't a steady stream of releases coming out.

What is coming out, is very specific to a group/market.

Currently playing kill zone, as battlefield hardline multiplayer is hard for a casual gamer.

And to be honest the iPhone/ipad games are quicker to play/get started and cheaper.......

Still waiting for uncharted, but other than that there really isn't anything to order.

I'm happy but I'm a PC gamer mostly so it doesn't take many games a year to get my console fix.

I enjoyed Infamous: Second Son and Watch Dogs as (near) launch titles.  Were they the greatest thing since sliced bread, no.  Would I be happy with them if they were released today (over a year after launch), no.  But they were good games considering what was available at the time and I enjoyed them.  Likewise I enjoyed playing Knack with my girlfriend until better "couch" coop games came out even if the game isn't compelling enough for me to play solo.

Now my girlfriend and I play the Skylanders games, Diablo III, and Helldivers and those are all great games.  We're also looking forward to Alienation and Resogun was a pleasant surprise.

As far as solo playing I thought both Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition were both great games and I'm looking forward to Batman: Arkham Knight.

I bought but still haven't gotten around to playing the expansions for both Infamous: Second Son and Watchdogs but right now the TV is being monopolized by my gf who after playing DA:I fell in love with the series so ran through Origins on my PC and we picked up DA 2 for PS3 that she's currently going through (and the PS3 is on the same TV as the PS4).

I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity on PC with Witcher 3 inbound for PC as well so they'll likely keep me occupied well past when Batman: Arkham Knight comes out (plus I have those unplayed expansions)

I'm also holding out hope that eventually PS Plus will give me another PS4 game that I fall in love with like Resogun but so far most of the value I've gotten from PS Plus has been AAA PS3 games that fill out my back catalog.

Overall I'm happy with what's come out, I have games left to play and more games coming but again a fair amount of my gaming is on PC so I might not have the same opinion if I only gamed on consoles.  Likewise I have a pretty busy life in general so my game time isn't super high in general (I'd say < 20 hours a week) which I'm sure some of you churn out on just the weekend.

Yes and no.

Against popular opinion I love seeing indie games as I've moved away from PC gaming and have missed a lot of cool titles. Owning a Vita allows a lot of cross buy as well, which is great value for money (unlike those memory cards...)

AAA titles have been lacking. TLoU remastered was worth buying even although I played it on PS3. Such an amazing game and 60FPS does wonders.

There have been great multiplatform titles to fill the voids, with the benefit of normally being visually or performance related bettered on PS4. Up until Bloodborne in terms of exclusives I wasn't seeing much to draw me in - Besides indie exclusives.

The Uncharted 4 delay was a bummer, but in ND we trust. So the no part is really down to SCEE, SCEA and SCEJ taking a fair bit of time to push out titles. The waiting for some of the titles will be overlooked when they're out I guess, Sony produce some of the highest tier games in the console industry.

• Like 1

I do not own a PS4. If there were games on it I wanted to play, I would.

Same goes for the Xbox One.

As someone who has largely given up on AAA and mostly played indies for the last 5 years, I'm loving PS+, Cross Buy, my Vita and the PS4.

I really hope the momentum with indies doesn't stop, whenever this console generation finally kicks into 2nd gear.

I just want to be clear that I'm not anti-indie, I have tons of indie games (through kickstarter, humble bundles, etc.) but I prefer my indie games DRM-free on PC to console.

I'm glad indies are big on PS4 and I hope that doesn't change but having a strong indie scene doesn't replace having a strong AAA title lineup.

Also I totally understand that if, unlike me, you play games only on a console and have tons of time to devote to gaming you could run through the AAA titles for the PS4 pretty quick and it could be frustrating to see indie release after indie release on PS4 while you wait for the next AAA title to arrive.

At the end of the day I don't think many people buy a $400 game console to play indie games.  Indie games are great to have though if you've already got the $400 console, they're nice little extra not system sellers.