Hearthstone and Magic 2015

I recently got into Hearthstone and absolutely love it. I find it very addictive and very fun. On someone's advice, I decided to download Magic 2015 on my iPad and try it. I played the tutorial quests yesterday and I found the game very confusing, especially compared to Hearthstone. Do a lot of people still play Magic? I really want to like it but I totally don't get it.

I recently got into Hearthstone and absolutely love it. I find it very addictive and very fun. On someone's advice, I decided to download Magic 2015 on my iPad and try it. I played the tutorial quests yesterday and I found the game very confusing, especially compared to Hearthstone. Do a lot of people still play Magic? I really want to like it but I totally don't get it.

MtG is massive. The digital version is just a gateway drug to the full, classic game.

IMO, both games are very different, so liking one will not mean you automatically like the other.

Magic The Gathering is my preferred card game of all time. It can become extremely complex, bending the rules of the game etc.
I even know of a local store where they host mini Magic tournaments etc. I believe it's still a widely played game, but it's not as mainstream as Hearthstone for several reasons.