Was Your Apple Watch "First Day" Experience Comparable To This?

So wait, the Sport edition has a different glass display than the more expensive editions?

This confused me too, they certainly haven't made it particularity clear if that's the case.

This confused me too, they certainly haven't made it particularity clear if that's the case.

Sport has a Ion-X Glass screen while the more expensive models have the sapphire.

Guess you get a much better build quality for an extra $200 or so.  I would have expected a watch labeled Sport to not shatter at that height.

my 10+ year old Swatch Irony had endured much more stress, falls and abuse and the glass is still the original. The smartwatches must have tough glass because they have to sustain more abuse then a smartphone (more exposed to the elements, more daily use than a smartphone, etc.).

Apple has terrible screen durability. The number of screens that my friend has gone through on his iPhone is ridiculous, so it's not surprising to see similar results with the Apple Watch. I've come across more people with broken iPhone displays than I have Android, even though Android phones are way more common.

It's pretty shocking to see it break after just one drop, though the way the video is edited means it could be manipulated (it might have been dropped dozens of times or even been deliberately broken). I'm always highly sceptical of random online videos.

Apple has terrible screen durability. The number of screens that my friend has gone through on his iPhone is ridiculous, so it's not surprising to see similar results with the Apple Watch. I've come across more people with broken iPhone displays than I have Android, even though Android phones are way more common.

It's pretty shocking to see it break after just one drop, though the way the video is edited means it could be manipulated (it might have been dropped dozens of times or even been deliberately broken). I'm always highly sceptical of random online videos.

:rolleyes:

Yeah because your friend keeps dropping his phone - its apple's fault.

PETA (Preventing Evil To Apple) should be notified about the abuse of that Apple watch in the video! How horrible!  :/

Blame Lime for this! 

:p

Joking aside, I'd choose Samsung Gear over this crap.

:rolleyes:

Yeah because your friend keeps dropping his phone - its apple's fault.

I didn't claim that it was Apple's fault, just that its products are more prone to damage.

This. They can put whatever fancy name they like but to it but Apple glass doesn't compare to Samsung, HTC, Nokia, etc.That old saying "you get what you pay for" isn't true since Appleware is overpriced as well.

That video was just mean. I felt sorry for the watch, and I don't even like smartwatches.

I treat my girlfriend like this. That's why she's all broken inside. Poor Sarah. /s

I didn't claim that it was Apple's fault, just that its products are more prone to damage.

My apologies.  I just glanced at your avatar and thought I was replying to remixedcat - and dissing apple would be right up her alley(cat)  see what I did there ?

I understand what you were saying - I immediately thought, "that is so like remixed to talk bad about anything that is popular, a status symbol, fashionable, etc....

That video was just mean. I felt sorry for the watch, and I don't even like smartwatches.

Smartwatches.  :laugh:

I can't believe that's actually a thing people would want.

If Apple told people to stick feathers up their butt and claim to be a chicken - there is a large group of people out there that would think its fashionable... and your local starbucks would be where you would see it first.

Maybe it is just because I haven't had it hands on, but just the interface seems... how is that useful? The iPod succeeded because it introduce an effective and simple interface and decent power.