PC first build is all ok?

I'm building my first pc and about to reserve the parts, but, before i do i want to check if it's all compatible with each other and that i will get a decent gaming experience. Will it be smooth?

Intel Core i3-4160 3.60GHz Dual Core (Socket 1150)HyperX FURY Blue 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory Module x2, EVGA White 500W Power Supply 80 PlusASUS B85M-G Intel Socket 1150 MotherboardCiT Neptune Gaming Black Midi Tower Case

I'm carrying over a HD 770 1 GB from a older pc of mine that i bought pre built, till i get a GTX 960 or something. Also a hard drive etc

I was thinking about it but i just cant afford that as well at the moment :( Think i'll hold tight save and get a SSD + GFX card at same time. Means a fresh install of windows again maybe but thats fine by me.

Thanks! I've ordered them parts and shall be up and running saturday! 

• Like 1

I'm building my first pc and about to reserve the parts, but, before i do i want to check if it's all compatible with each other and that i will get a decent gaming experience. Will it be smooth?

Intel Core i3-4160 3.60GHz Dual Core (Socket 1150)HyperX FURY Blue 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory Module x2, EVGA White 500W Power Supply 80 PlusASUS B85M-G Intel Socket 1150 MotherboardCiT Neptune Gaming Black Midi Tower Case

I'm carrying over a HD 770 1 GB from a older pc of mine that i bought pre built, till i get a GTX 960 or something. Also a hard drive etc

All those components you listed will work together and you'll experience a decent gaming experience.  If you can budget for a SSD ... that would be great ... though a faster GPU would be the higher priority.

lol the typical Neowin response.

Typical troll response?

• Like 1

Looks good, as others have said, get an SSD when possible, you don't need to go mad, 120/250GB will be plenty for most people.

Will it be smooth?

Well that's a question with 1000 answers, completely depends on the game, BF4 or something like that on Ultra. No.

With the 960 you'll be OK if you don't go past 1080p.

However if your playing Minecraft or something simple/old of course it'll be smooth.

I was thinking about it but i just cant afford that as well at the moment :( Think i'll hold tight save and get a SSD + GFX card at same time. Means a fresh install of windows again maybe but thats fine by me.

Thanks! I've ordered them parts and shall be up and running saturday! 

You can now find 120GB SSD's on the cheap.  That should be more that enough space to get your OS and program files up and running.

You can then use the other drive you have as a file/games drive.

Just messin with ya - I have been told Im a snob - "my impractical view of things" is not at one with the universe...but that person was scum

Here's one I spec'ed for a friend of mine earlier today. Might be a bit more than you're looking to spend but excellent components. Pick and choose what you need.

Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 Motherboard (Socket 1150, Z97, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, USB 3.0, PCI Express 3.0, M.2 Socket)

Intel i5 4690 Quad Core CPU (3.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 84W, Graphics, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Socket 1150)

Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - Black/Pearl

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB Graphics Card

HyperX 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Plug-and-Play Memory Module (Kit of 2)

Samsung 500 GB Solid State Drive 850 EVO M.2

Corsair CP-9020056-UK RM Series RM850 80 Plus Gold 850W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit

Pioneer BDC-207DBK 8X Combo Bulk Blu-Ray Internal Drive

Samsung S27D390H PLS 27 inch LED HDMI Monitor

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 9.8 Feet/ 3 meters Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return

Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout

Logitech C920 HD Webcam