WTH! MSI I sent you a card and you send me a underclocked and different

spec card.

I sent one of my 280x in for RMA which matched my other 280X.  This is what I received in return

GPUZ
Compare at default clocks, shaders, bandwidth, ROPs/TMU's, Texture Fillrate, DirectCompute 5.0.
This is the card I received back from RMA.

RMA.gif

This is my other 280X card which the one I sent in match.
nonrma.gif

In order to run this card at 280x advertised speeds. I have to overclock it.

http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#hero-specification

spec card.

I sent one of my 280x in for RMA which matched my other 280X.  This is what I received in return

GPUZ

Compare at default clocks, shaders, bandwidth, ROPs/TMU's, Texture Fillrate, DirectCompute 5.0.

This is the card I received back from RMA.

RMA.gif

This is my other 280X card which the one I sent in match.

nonrma.gif

In order to run this card at 280x advertised speeds. I have to overclock it.

http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#hero-specification

Send it back, and notify them of it. MSI did something similar with my motherboard. I have a brand new, perfectly usable motherboard, here's the problem, I don't have a CPU for it. >_>

MSI is usually good about fixing mistakes. Rosewill & EVGA are the two best I've found with RMA. EVGA extended my 9800GTX+ from the 2 year Warranty to 5 Years. Cooler Master did the same with a 1300W PSU I won through an event. :) Speaking of which, I need to send that RMA in, haha!

it seem they sent you the older one.

Yup. Someone fat fingered the keyboard again, must be using a Logitech KB ;)

I did inform MSI about this. Just waiting to hear back.

Yes I was BS after installing my card and I was getting all kinds of artifacting. I ended up throttling everything down to 1020/1500 and I still got artifacting.

I'm just pointing out to make sure people check their stuff they get back from RMA. Not everyone would have caught this.

After submitting a claim and waiting 24 hours. I ended up calling and after a little bit of a run around about if the sticker states it's a 280x then it's a 280x and the s/n isn't valid.  I finally got a RMA. 

They also stated that they would verify it before it left.  I'm not sure if I believe that statement.  I also don't feel the person whom I spoke with was all that technical.  I mentioned the clocks speeds and shaders being different. There was silence and he fell back on the sticker being a 280x.  I understand that not every CRS will be technical it's the way it is.  If you don't know just say you don't and don't fall back on the sticker.

Tried to get it cross shipped, but that was a no-go.