Those with iphone, what is your mail/contact/calendar solution?

I am restoring my 8.3 onto my iphone. I had ran 8.4 beta, and starting fresh back with 8.3

I've always used google for calendar/contacts/email.

I am seriously considering moving to an all apple system. I have my calendar exported from google to apple.

I am now thinking of moving onto the next step, the contacts/email.

Are there any users who can share their experiences moving from google to say using only apple for this management?

Thanks.

Hello, I have always used the built in Mail/Calendar app on my iPhones. I just feel it works for what I need and further more, why have additional/redundant battery draining apps. I have tried the Google and Outlook apps...I just feel they really don't do anything more...and it's another app and battery user.  Hope my 2 cents helps... :-)  Let me know what your pros / cons are.

I use to use both because I would jump between android and iOS all of the time but now I'm only iOS. So I moved everything from google to iCloud and done.

My experience was there were no issues going from apple to google or the other way around. Both use open source solutions for contacts and calendars, so it was easy to export as a vCard and import without any issues.

You'll be happier if you do it because everytime you restore your phone iCloud will take care of bringing your contacts and calendars back onto your phone without any work from you.

As far as email, I don't use apple email, I still use gmail because I like Gmail and I have more storage space with gmail then icloud Mail.

Is this even a discussion ? Microsoft Exchange there is quite literally no comparison  (Y)

Just enter your username and password on practically any device and boom all your emails contacts and calendars. No need to worry about incoming outgoing ports or encryption settings it just works.

• Like 1

mail = Outlook app
calendar = built in calendar app
contacts = build in calendar app
* But I use Contact Pics+ along with Sync.ME to sync contact pics, phone numbers, and email addresses from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc

• Like 1

Ive always read to have contacts/email/calendar using same service/app.  Is this a myth?

How do you access your mail from a PC then, if you moved from gmail to icloud?

Ive always read to have contacts/email/calendar using same service/app.  Is this a myth?

How do you access your mail from a PC then, if you moved from gmail to icloud?

You can access iCloud Mail by visiting the iCloud website. If you have a Mac, you can setup iCloud using the Mail app on OS X. If you have a Windows PC, you can sync iCloud mail with Outlook. If you have other email clients, refer to these instructions from Apple

mail = Outlook app

calendar = built in calendar app

contacts = build in calendar app

* But I use Contact Pics+ along with Sync.ME to sync contact pics, phone numbers, and email addresses from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc

I use the same setup as this.

The 'focused' mail works really well, I have configured it so that 'focused' mail notifies me but the 'other' mail (which is usually mail shots) do not.