EC outlines plans to illegalise geo-blocking, enforce EU digital price parity

The proposals are wide-ranging but focus on three key principles

Very interesting. 

I know a lot of people that buy Xbox games from the Hungarian marketplace at a huge discount and were always a little worried that their Live Accounts would be banned as doing that broke MS ToS.

This would mean that MS could not stop folk doing that. Cheap digital titles FTW :D Unless of course they just increase the prices everywhere. 

Very interesting. 

I know a lot of people that buy Xbox games from the Hungarian marketplace at a huge discount and were always a little worried that their Live Accounts would be banned as doing that broke MS ToS.

This would mean that MS could not stop folk doing that. Cheap digital titles FTW :D

Nah, it just means Hungarian prices will rise.

• Like 1

Nah, it just means Hungarian prices will rise.

Hah yeah, I should have read the full article before posting. 

I cannot imagine this will be good for the iPlayer. They will have to ask every viewer to type in their UK TV License fee number. Of course allowing overseas viewers to buy a full UK TV license.

I cannot imagine this will be good for the iPlayer. They will have to ask every viewer to type in their UK TV License fee number. Of course allowing overseas viewers to buy a full UK TV license.

There's an article on the BBC website that talks about the new initiative.

Source