When advertising is taken too far

Hi all,

I don't post or create my own topics for discussion often but I'm an avid reader of Neowin and have been under various usernames for about a decade.

I opened my Barclays Mobile Banking App this morning to find that they have started 'advertising' pre-approved loans as line items in between your transactions... that you can apply for instantly by clicking on them!

I really feel like this is taking irresponsible lending too far.

It's like they're tempting you with the thought of it all even if you don't need it / haven't even thought about getting it.

Just wondered what everybody else thought of this / if anybody else has seen similar things happening lately?

I think so, too. The combine between them are becoming more and more close. sometimes, it is convenient  to us and get more budget if you need the item on the ad.

Fortunately i'm not seeing that yet.

Agreed though, it's a bit of a joke to do that, and then claim all that responsible lender stuff they normally do.

uBlock has a field day with Barclays. It's an entirely different experience with it on.

All the banks seem to be pushing loans much harder these days.

Every time I call into Lloyds for something I get told that I've been pre-approved for a

All the banks seem to be pushing loans much harder these days.

Every time I call into Lloyds for something I get told that I've been pre-approved for a