[Rant] Downloading HP drivers

Every time I attempt to download a driver, or multiple drivers from HP's website it turns into a couple day job!  Am I the only one that has this problem?  We recently purchased a bunch of laptops and desktops.  I'm trying to use softpaq manager to download the drivers for them so I can use it in MDT to deploy images.  I haven't opened the softpaq manager on my server in quite a while.  Try to get Softpaq manager to download updates was a problem.  Kept getting errors like can't connect to FTP server or the download would get about half way and stop.  After numerous tries and probably a hour wasted it finally updated and I could fine the machine I'm looking for (ProDesk 400 G1 SFF).  I go to download the manageability pack, and it gives me and error "There were unexpected download problems.  Retry?"  I've been trying that for the past 2 hours, just getting myself more ###### off.  I've also tried to download the drivers separately, same thing.

Since I was having so many problems I thought I'd try it on 2 other computers.  Same freaking problem.  I even tried a different internet connection, same ######ing thing!

I'm getting fed up with HP and trying to download drivers!

• Like 2

That's not a problem I have had - for the past few years.  Mom's AIO is HP, as are both my notebooks - her fianc

Don't have any issues with HP drivers from there site. Download the needed drivers, extract it, and them import as needed. As for the image part. I do a fresh install, download and install drivers, and then use sysprep with file to do whats needed, then upload image onto server. I have never used there download manager and would never do such a thing. 

I've never had issues with their site getting drivers and I think they're actually very good for it (one of the best) to be honest.  I've never used their download manager either.

it always annoyed me that they default to their download manager, which i'm sure gives you some ###### bing toolbar or something.

Personally, I just would be happy if they updated drivers.  I have an HP Envy laptop with a touchscreen thats about two years old.  They only upgraded the video card driver once, and that was when 8.1 came out because the original caused a black screen.  The touchscreen won't work with Intel standard drivers, and I'm going to be totally shocked if they provide a driver for 10.  

I never had any problems downloading HP drivers, apart from their website being very very slow. When I was creating images and packages for SCCM I also used the softpaq manager, however I only managed to make this one work without any problems with direct internet connection. Tough this might have been an issue with the internet proxy at my company. You still have to make sense of all the stuff in this tool, especially since it also doesn't show you everything that is also available on their support site. I found newer drivers I needed only on thier site and not via their tool.

My old HP 3-in-1 refused to scan without the bloated HP software suite, and anyway I bought a Canon 3-in-1 now, much better!

I especially like how their Linux packages are supplied within a Softpaq Win32 EXE from their website (when their FTP is down).