Question for Lumia 930 owners

How is your battery life?

Mine really sucks. Light browsing and about one hour of youtube gets me about 10 hours before I have to recharge.

I love the phone, though.

On a weekday I get about 14-16 hours because the reception at work is terrible and that eats through the battery.  If I'm not at work I easily get >24 hours.

I always give my 930 100% charge before I leave for office at 9:30AM. When I come back by 7PM, it usually have around 45-50% charge still left. This is after I I use it for frequent calling my clients, sending messages, using whatsapp, checking sports scores, viewing forums like neowin and windows central , updating my apps and doing online shopping. I have been using this device for the last 1.5 months and as of now it is holding decent charge.

I charge the night before (by midnight), and when I'm back from work around 6, its usually 40-50% remaining. I have gotten 2 days out of it in the past, but I've had to use the phone infrequently on the bus on the way back from work on day 2.

I generally use it for web (on the bus and maybe a little at work), whatsapp and checking weather. I do have over 300 apps installed, but I restrict background access to the apps that don't need it, and I regularly review that list. Check your Battery Sense (to restrict background usage of apps), which is in the settings. It'll show you which apps are using your battery, and how much they are using in the background or while in use, and you can view usage from the past 24 hours,  past 48 hours or the past week.

I charge the night before (by midnight), and when I'm back from work around 6, its usually 40-50% remaining. I have gotten 2 days out of it in the past, but I've had to use the phone infrequently on the bus on the way back from work on day 2.

I generally use it for web (on the bus and maybe a little at work), whatsapp and checking weather. I do have over 300 apps installed, but I restrict background access to the apps that don't need it, and I regularly review that list. Check your Battery Sense (to restrict background usage of apps), which is in the settings. It'll show you which apps are using your battery, and how much they are using in the background or while in use, and you can view usage from the past 24 hours,  past 48 hours or the past week.

This I have to look into.

I've only had the phone for 4 days, so I haven't had time to look into all the fine tuning.

If you've only had it for 4 days then you might also find that things will settle down in the next day or two once the phone gets used to your usage.  Battery never lasts long for the first few days while you get things set up and play around a bit more.

If you've only had it for 4 days then you might also find that things will settle down in the next day or two once the phone gets used to your usage.  Battery never lasts long for the first few days while you get things set up and play around a bit more.

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you use the battery saver?

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you use the battery saver?

Yes, it's good advice from Legendary.  You'll have some apps (e.g. Email, Calendar, etc.) that you want running in the background but others that don't need to be constantly running and using battery (e.g. Candy Crush).  Battery Saver is definitely a nice tool to have at your disposal.

• 5 weeks later...

I get normal life on the phone. I don't have any issue with battery life. Make sure you keep it charge when you can. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

On average 10hrs with battery saver kicking in at 20%. With battery saver on goes more than a day.

• 2 months later...

I'm getting about 24 hours of use on mine, which includes streaming music for at least 8 hours a day, general web browsing, using apps, downloading/updating apps, etc.