2 Cops shot dead in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Yes, of course !  Its everyone else's fault - they never do anything wrong - when they shoot, steal, stab, mug, carjack, assault - its society's fault....and of course the media who secretly passive-aggressively hates them while pandering to their every complaint... I see it now :rolleyes:

You can cry all day about how "the man" abused them, and did bad bad things 200 years ago, and how "the system" is against them -

I didnt see anyone of these master manipulators out there burning stores, looting, all the things that biased mean old media shows.

• Like 2

Yes, of course !  Its everyone else's fault - they never do anything wrong - when they shoot, steal, stab, mug, carjack, assault - its society's fault....and of course the media who secretly passive-aggressively hates them while pandering to their every complaint... I see it now :rolleyes:

Not what they're saying at all. These guys who did this deserve life in prison by any definition, period, end of story. But, just like rehabilitation is an important part of the prison process, crime prevention should be at the forefront. so that someday we wont be dealing with the aftermath of copious amounts of horrific crimes, but fine tuning its prevention by helping to change the socioeconomic status quo. Blacks commit higher crime rates than whites, this while true is not the full story. Adoption studies clearly show that this is NOT genetic. If its not genetic, its both socioeconomic and cultural with a large part of both of those issues evolving from the legacy of jim crow. That is what we should be focusing on. 

Its telling when people talk about black crime without saying why they think it happens or how we can help prevent it. It leaves one wondering if deep down, they inherited opinions from their grandfathers but its to taboo to discuss. I know that's how it was for me growing up before I figured things out for myself.

For me its like this:

For various personal reasons, I dont really care for certain people, until they give me a reason to like them.  It could be as simple as saying "excuse me" or "thank you", or a simple nod, or smile.  If this isnt done - then all I see are justification for my feelings, I notice all of the stereotypes taking place, thinking about why certain stereotypes are so evident, etc etc.  So when I see or hear about something like this - since I dont have the opportunity to sit down and get to know the person to see if they are a decent person or not - all I see is justification for stereotypes.

I know this isnt the way to be.  I know its wrong, but all I see is justification for this "methodology"

Everyday, I get mad when I see people "parking blackwards" in their parking spaces.  Its just another example of "look at me! Give me attention" persona - bugs the hell out of me.

Like I said, I know its wrong, I know this isnt really the thread for this - but wanted to throw it out there.

Im a little sorry if this offends people, just felt the need to give a little insight as to why I think the way I do sometimes.

• Like 3

For me its like this:

For various personal reasons, I dont really care for certain people, until they give me a reason to like them.  It could be as simple as saying "excuse me" or "thank you", or a simple nod, or smile.  If this isnt done - then all I see are justification for my feelings, I notice all of the stereotypes taking place, thinking about why certain stereotypes are so evident, etc etc.  So when I see or hear about something like this - since I dont have the opportunity to sit down and get to know the person to see if they are a decent person or not - all I see is justification for stereotypes.

I know this isnt the way to be.  I know its wrong, but all I see is justification for this "methodology"

Everyday, I get mad when I see people "parking blackwards" in their parking spaces.  Its just another example of "look at me! Give me attention" persona - bugs the hell out of me.

Like I said, I know its wrong, I know this isnt really the thread for this - but wanted to throw it out there.

Im a little sorry if this offends people, just felt the need to give a little insight as to why I think the way I do sometimes.

I totally get it and I know I still think like this in a lot of ways. Thanks for sharing!

For me its like this:

Thank you for your honesty.  I have these thoughts too and they seemed justified at times, yet I know stereotypes, though based on some reality, do not represent the vast majority, far from it.  

Cops don't just go around murdering people for no reason. 

You wanting to romantically believe that doesn't make it true. The police force isn't immune from sociopaths and dangerous people.

What is parking Blackwards?  :huh:

Black people love to back into parking spaces.  I made up the term.  But look for it next time - its hilarious.

Why ?  Attention I assume - another way to say "look at me !" I guess

Even google it - a lot of people notice it

This is truly a shame. Condolences to the families who lost their loved ones in this.

Thankfully they got the people responsible. Now hopefully they get swift and stiff justice.

Black people love to back into parking spaces.  I made up the term.  But look for it next time - its hilarious.

Why ?  Attention I assume - another way to say "look at me !" I guess

Even google it - a lot of people notice it

I don't know what you mean. Is this Parallel Parking? I back my car into parallel spaces... Not sure how you'd do it otherwise. Outside of that I don't do it often nor do I see anyone, black or otherwise, doing it in large numbers really...

Although it isn't a bad idea. The front of my Mercedes is a lot lower than the back and I also have a camera back there. I haven't parking rubbed a curb, but I can see an advantage to backing in only...

Society is failing black people in America.

Pure and utter bull####.  The only people failing black people is black people THEMSELVES.

I don't know what you mean. Is this Parallel Parking? I back my car into parallel spaces... Not sure how you'd do it otherwise. Outside of that I don't do it often nor do I see anyone, black or otherwise, doing it in large numbers really...

Although it isn't a bad idea. The front of my Mercedes is a lot lower than the back and I also have a camera back there. I haven't parking rubbed a curb, but I can see an advantage to backing in only...

Not exactly. It's like method one on this web page:

http://www.wikihow.com/Reverse-Into-a-Car-Parking-Space

It's really annoying when you're in a parking deck and someone decides to do this in front of you as it holds up all the traffic since there's no way to go around them and usually you're too close behind them so they get angry at you for "blocking" them.

But I hadn't noticed that a certain method of parking was a racial thing. It's just really annoying!

Not exactly. It's like method one on this web page:

http://www.wikihow.com/Reverse-Into-a-Car-Parking-Space

It's really annoying when you're in a parking deck and someone decides to do this in front of you as it holds up all the traffic since there's no way to go around them and usually you're too close behind them so they get angry at you for "blocking" them.

But I hadn't noticed that a certain method of parking was a racial thing. It's just really annoying!

Best solution I've found to this (If you're referring to the first diagram) was to slow way down when approaching the spot you wish to park in, signal in the direction of the spot you wish to occupy, then using the usual methods, park. That way, if there is a guy close behind you, it's not your fault as you did everything within your power to make sure your intentions were clear.

Best solution I've found to this (If you're referring to the first diagram) was to slow way down when approaching the spot you wish to park in, signal in the direction of the spot you wish to occupy, then using the usual methods, park. That way, if there is a guy close behind you, it's not your fault as you did everything within your power to make sure your intentions were clear.

That's fair, but no one here ever signals, so I honk at them to keep moving since I can't reverse to give them space to back in (there's cars behind me at this point).

I think I need to upgrade my horn to get the point across, maybe a train horn or a cruise ship horn would be nice.

Edit: Just realized this isn't a topic about parking...

That's fair, but no one here ever signals, so I honk at them to keep moving since I can't reverse to give them space to back in (there's cars behind me at this point).

I think I need to upgrade my horn to get the point across, maybe a train horn or a cruise ship horn would be nice.

Edit: Just realized this isn't a topic about parking...

Don't crowd so close behind people then? Over there, parking forwards or backwards is as common as each other. You should leave at least a full car length between you and the car in front, to allow them space to manoeuvre. Otherwise you're just being a jerk.

The problem is that in many locales row parking spaces are angled and the road is one-way. When reverse parkers back in (difficult but they do!), drive in the wrong way and back in or pull through from the next lane over, when they pull out they're driving the wrong way. Very annoying.

0760-255d%2046%20degree%20parking.tif.pn

Not parallel parking.  Take a normal parking space, and instead of just pulling into it, you back into it.  Trucks do this for 2 good reasons: 1.) With the long wheelspan, they can make tighter corners with the pivoting axis in the back 2) When they have something valuable in the bed of the truck, they dont want to give easy access to it for anyone just walking by

Others do it just for the "I want attention, look @ me" aspect (of course when backing out, when you leave, would be a major pain (heavy traffic) - then of course it makes sense so when you leave - you simply pull out and leave.

When I say "look at me" - it is because if everyone is doing something one way, and 1 person does it another - it will draw attention.

What is pathetically hilarious is when you are in a parking lot with slanted spaces, and the bonehead still feels the need to back in.  And goes to great lengths to do this by making a more than 90 degree turn, and of course when leaving he/she has to make another sharp > 90 degree turn - utter stupidity.

Here are google results

Pure and utter bull####.  The only people failing black people is black people THEMSELVES.

Are black people failing themselves when they are murdered by police:rolleyes:

Don't crowd so close behind people then? Over there, parking forwards or backwards is as common as each other. You should leave at least a full car length between you and the car in front, to allow them space to manoeuvre. Otherwise you're just being a jerk.

I leave enough space for them to park the correct way.

I leave enough space for them to park the correct way.

Correct to you, obviously not correct to them.  Clearly, the given value of "correct" in this case is variable.

Not parallel parking.  Take a normal parking space, and instead of just pulling into it, you back into it.  Trucks do this for 2 good reasons: 1.) With the long wheelspan, they can make tighter corners with the pivoting axis in the back 2) When they have something valuable in the bed of the truck, they dont want to give easy access to it for anyone just walking by

Others do it just for the "I want attention, look @ me" aspect (of course when backing out, when you leave, would be a major pain (heavy traffic) - then of course it makes sense so when you leave - you simply pull out and leave.

When I say "look at me" - it is because if everyone is doing something one way, and 1 person does it another - it will draw attention.

What is pathetically hilarious is when you are in a parking lot with slanted spaces, and the bonehead still feels the need to back in.  And goes to great lengths to do this by making a more than 90 degree turn, and of course when leaving he/she has to make another sharp > 90 degree turn - utter stupidity.

Here are google results

So the only reason why someone would back into a space is for vanity reasons - the "look at me I'm an attention ######" reason ??

Utter nonsense.

I'm white (like it matters) and in the UK and reverse into spaces all the time because I prefer it sometimes over parking front ways.

I can guarantee it doesn't draw attention, no-one stops to look at me or get their phones out to post pictures on Facebook or Instagram or whatever. People have more going on in their lives than worry about how someone parks their car - unless of course they try parking it sideways or over two bays in a car park - then you will get people annoyed and talking about it.

So the only reason why someone would back into a space is for vanity reasons - the "look at me I'm an attention ######" reason ??

Utter nonsense.

I'm white (like it matters) and in the UK and reverse into spaces all the time because I prefer it sometimes over parking front ways.

I can guarantee it doesn't draw attention, no-one stops to look at me or get their phones out to post pictures on Facebook or Instagram or whatever. People have more going on in their lives than worry about how someone parks their car - unless of course they try parking it sideways or over two bays in a car park - then you will get people annoyed and talking about it.

Please show me where I said any of that.

Here are google results

I don't study people parking, but I don't see anything special about black people backing into spots. Lots of people do it... But not the majority of drivers.

Some people recommend it so their cars don't end up like this.... All scrapped up under the front bumper. Some people don't care about their cars or are better at not hitting their front bumper in a low clearance car.

In all honesty though... Why does it matter? Who cares how someone parks unless they are hitting other cars?

Please show me where I said any of that.

Obviously I embellished on the "drawing attention" part of your post but you get what I was trying to say.

Ultimately no one cares how you park your car unless your parking causing their car to be damaged.

Bravo. Racism is never okay. Signed up just to pitch in after seeing some of the ignorant closet neo-nazis posting here. Smh.

When there's no facts or history to backup your claims, resort to name calling.  :)