The Jimquisition: R.I.P. P.T. - Why We Can't Keep Nice Things

My copy still works....

And it will continue to work. You just won't be able to download it again if you remove it from your drive.

It is incredibly petty and the mark of a really poor business mind to can a project because of personal conflicts. If those rumours are true.

And it will continue to work. You just won't be able to download it again if you remove it from your drive.

I wouldn't put it past Konami to put up some kind of automatic patch to delete it from my drive.  Failing that, they'll show up at my apartment with a hammer and a blow torch.

I wouldn't put it past Konami to put up some kind of automatic patch to delete it from my drive.  Failing that, they'll show up at my apartment with a hammer and a blow torch.

Not that I would put it past them, but if Konami did that I would hope Sony would lay the smackdown on them. Deleting content from a users console would be an incredibly bad look for Konami and Sony would not like any of the negative press it would create for them.

I always find that this guy has some great points to make in his videos, but his opening and closing sections do my head in with his attempts to be funny. What was the whole part about the cheese?!

But he's right in the main section, and it is something that has always concerned me with the introduction of digital titles. A physical disc is mine, and I can install/uninstall it over and over again. But if they remove it from the store, what am I to do?

And of course, it's a pity to hear that Silent Hills has been cancelled. From the playthroughs that I watched I was getting really excited for it.

• Like 1

I always find that this guy has some great points to make in his videos, but his opening and closing sections do my head in with his attempts to be funny. What was the whole part about the cheese?!

"Thank God for me" isn't funny or clever, nor is it ironically funny or ironically clever, it is a bad sign off. I agree with a lot of what Jim says, but that "thank God for me" business is unpleasant.

If you are trying to be the voice of reason and moderation in the gaming industry but also adopt comically silly delivery methods then you only do your own cause damage.

• Like 1

"Thank God for me" isn't funny or clever, nor is it ironically funny or ironically clever, it is a bad sign off. I agree with a lot of what Jim says, but that "thank God for me" business is unpleasant.

If you are trying to be the voice of reason and moderation in the gaming industry but also adopt comically silly delivery methods then you only do your own cause damage.

yeah.. his points are good. but his seemed to have a cheesy cult of personality...  that does not even fit to be ironic.

though, it is kinda funny if you look at it with correct glasses filter :shifty:

1st and last time i'll listen to that guy talk. why's he always talking like its his last breath?

also, it's always hilarious to me when british people say "choose-day" for Tuesday. :p

It's Konami being Konami, unfortunately; the whole issue of Konami vs Kojima is a mess and their image is getting new lows everyday.

yeah.. his points are good. but his seemed to have a cheesy cult of personality...  that does not even fit to be ironic.

though, it is kinda funny if you look at it with correct glasses filter :shifty:

I'm in the same boat.  I can't get past the whole "trying-to-be-funny" part when he's leading up the main point.  To me it sounds like he listened to a lot of Zero Punctuation and wants to try (oh, so hard!) to be edgy and funny and ironic but it just comes off like he's trying too hard.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat.  I can't get past the whole "trying-to-be-funny" part when he's leading up the main point.  To me it sounds like he listened to a lot of Zero Punctuation and want to try (oh, so hard!) to be edgy and funny and ironic but it just comes off like he's trying too hard.

Heh, I was wondering if it was just because I watch Zero Punctuation regularly that I was making the comparison while watching. :laugh:
  • Like 1

Well, this isn't something new, games get pulled or canned all the time,  I'd have more issue with this if it's something I paid for and I can't get it ever again, which could happen when it's just a digital only copy, something they should try to change.  But when the game is pulled because of licensing issues of some sort, then you can't do much about it.

As far as Silent HIlls go, it's a shame because it was looking good, PT though?  It's a nice demo and all but I don't think of it as a game per se, you went through it once, found out it's for a new SH game, and then what?  It's not like playing it over and over changes anything, there's no second ending to unlock or something.   If you managed to give it a go, lucky you, but pulling it is something they're free to do, I can't really argue against it, they didn't take your money for it.