Help us name our baby boy!

Help us name our baby boy!  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like best out of the following list?

Hi there!

I don't post in the Neowin forums much, but thought I'd try this poll here.

Tomorrow morning (May 12, 2015), my wife will be giving birth to a baby boy.

Over the last 3 months, we've been 'sparring' with various names.  There are some that she likes, and some that I do, but all of them are different.  I told her I'd post a poll to see what name gets the votes out of a list.  We both had come up with our own list, but managed to cut it down to 3.

I also told her there was no way I was going to have our friends and family vote, since they would just take sides ;) .  So, this is because... Internet randomness :p .

You're welcome to suggest any other names, if you like, but don't be surprised if all I do is come back here and check the poll results, lol.  Hopefully we get more than 20 votes by 5am tomorrow morning.

Also, as a disclaimer (in case the wife goes ballistic and/or sideways on me here), we reserve the right to not use the picked name out of the list (haha).

Thanks in advance for your help!

I voted for Eric.  Not because my name is Eric (it is), but because it's the best name up there :D

My Sons name is Brantley and tomorrow is his birthday too! So I vote that.... even though it isn't on the list.

I voted Eric only because I know guys who have each name, and only the Erics are decent hard working guys. The Alexes that I know are either stubborn/pig headed or total douchebags, or both. I know 3 Jasons and they're major pot heads and/or jerks. I know a few Erics and they're all decent, honest, hard working guys.

Since my name is Alex, I vote Alex :p It's a great name! Alexander The Great!

P.S. If you're going with Jason, might as well give him a mask and a machete, and if you go with Eric, get him into the wrestling business :p 

• Like 1

I like names that have cool shortened version

Voted for Alex

But it'd be cool if you did something like Koby...short for Kobyashi Maru

Or  Sky   short for Skywal....  ehh you get it

Name him what you think it best and what you feel is best.  Ultimately, you have to live with it and it is an important decision.  Make it yourself.  Not trying to be mean here, just I would never put out a poll to name my kid.  To personal and means to much to have strangers get involved.

So when your kid gets older and asks you how you came up with his name, you'll tell him that Neowin members named him.  :-)  Name him Neowin.

So when your kid gets older and asks you how you came up with his name, you'll tell him that Neowin members named him.  :-)  Name him Neowin.

Or just Neo (without the "win", you don't want the kid to be a fanboy so early). And welcome him into the matrix :p

I went with Eric as it's, imo, the most formal name and will sound the best when he's an adult.

Alex is a cuter name for a baby, but he'll be an adult for most of his life so name cuteness shouldn't come into play.

First, Congrats! I chose Eric, although Alex is a great name too. I was the 20th vote, and it looks like Alex has won :) 

I'll throw in a vote for Eric also, too many people abbreviate names, not the end of the world, but names like Eric or Ian are short enough to not bother abbreviating

The amount of times I'll hear Al, or Jase.. ugh

Since my name is Alex, I vote Alex :p It's a great name! Alexander The Great!

P.S. If you're going with Jason, might as well give him a mask and a machete, and if you go with Eric, get him into the wrestling business :p

When I hear Jason I think "and the Argonauts", so that why I voted Jason.

When I hear the name Jason

3970522-jasonv1.jpg

When I hear the name Alex

1391175945000-Alex-S30-Approved-Headshot

So out of the 3 choices, I like Eric.

I went for Eric. You can always say he was named after a Neowin supervisor. :p

(Honestly though, all those names are great choices in my opinion.)

Jason, because I like how it shortens to Jay.

Al and Er are not doing it for me.

Congrats :)