Upgrading... A little help?

Not sure if this should go in the Win 10 section or not but I'd like to know more about upgrading.

I'm happy to start a clean slate (re-install all the apps programs I have and such).

I've read it's best to format, or delete the partition, then re-make it during the setup process but I don't really want to get that messy... perhaps I could with the C:\ portion of my hard drive.

How is it best to upgrade to Windows 10?

I have a C:\ drive for the OS and some bigger programs, like Office, which I need to increase the space for (although 48Gb free at the mo).

Store all my documents on another drive.

Store all my games on another drive.

Store all my programs on another drive.

Have two drives free for storing "things to do" and "on way to archive".

While it's sometimes annoying; having everything separate like that does help me find what I want easier.

What about things like Office (installed on C:\)?

I'm pretty sure when you activate it, the Office key is tied to the mac address for that PC.  So if you re-built it, you can install Office again and won't need to go through the whole rigmarole again.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Since our techies have not responded yet, would you mind me sharing my two pence? I'd recommend you to steer clear from Windows ten and revert to seven or even a bit lesser. You would be alarmed if I told you I still use Xp on my home computer and it has not needed any maintenance till the past 4 years. Just a bit of humble opinion though.