What happened to Facebook?!

Neowinian Senior, yes I already tried 4 browsers, my favorite Maxthon, then Chrome, Opera and Firefox, deleted cache of Maxthon and Chrome and it was no use to delete cache of other browsers. I didn't try to install browser since it was problem in at at least 2 browsers.

I made another comment because you helped me, Neowinian Senior, otherwise others were sarcastic only and absolutely unprofessional.

Have a great day, Neowinian Senior, and also I thank this site, helped me directly and indirectly many times when I could not solve PC problems myself.

This site if maybe the best IT site in the world and here people are to help each other. So, when someone have a problem it's not nice to make dark humor about his problem but to help if you can if not then you go help someone else who is easier to help.

Hello!

It's weird. Today for some reason cannot open Facebook. I mean only Facebook. All other pages are OK, my connection is OK but Facebook at first is hard to open or when it's open looks like this:

This happens with every browser sometimes a bit different but cannot open Facebook like usually. 

I tried for 3 hours to figure out what happened. I uninstalled last updates, I tried to rename hosts file, changet IP, restarted modem, disabled ad blocker, disabled antivirus, firewall etc etc. nothing helped. AND then I reinstalled fresh Windows and whoa again Facebook not working and everything else is working.

Just for infor Instagram also not working but I don't use it. The point is every site I visit is OK without problems except Facebook and maybe some other sites I don't know and I don't use. Twitter which I don't use either also is OK.

What you think, do you have any ide, what is this, what happened, did any of you had something similar?

I'm in PC with Windows Server 2003. 

Sorry for my english.

Thank you!

What? This is for real? You reinstalled your OS because one website (Facebook no less) would not work for three hours? I would take a break from this and examine your life and priorities.

Neowinian Senior, yes I already tried 4 browsers, my favorite Maxthon, then Chrome, Opera and Firefox, deleted cache of Maxthon and Chrome and it was no use to delete cache of other browsers. I didn't try to install browser since it was problem in at at least 2 browsers.

I made another comment because you helped me, Neowinian Senior, otherwise others were sarcastic only and absolutely unprofessional.

Have a great day, Neowinian Senior, and also I thank this site, helped me directly and indirectly many times when I could not solve PC problems myself.

This site if maybe the best IT site in the world and here people are to help each other. So, when someone have a problem it's not nice to make dark humor about his problem but to help if you can if not then you go help someone else who is easier to help.

Neowin--Where UNPROFESSIONAL journalism looks better. It's this site's slogan. Learn it. (There are pros on here, but not everyone is, you know) ;)

ok, come on, people are having a little laugh, at the extemes you went through because of facebook not working.

relax.   this site did help me and everyone else, with pc problems, and other advice.   

don't be upset, if people are also having a bit of a laugh (i mean it is a bit funny, at the effort you went because of facebook not working..  to many people)

good day to you, and don't be a stranger.       also not take jokes as something bad.   nothing DARK about it.   it is lighthearted.

Oh there's plenty of things to do here! This guy obviously went through a lot of unnecessary hassle for a stupid facebook poker game but that is not a reason to get all judgmental about Kosova. 

we know.  pretty sure he was joking.

everyone is funding it funny, how much effort this guy is putting just to play facebook! poker ..    

it is funny. no reason to take personal.

This entire thread is prime example as to why this sites reputation has become a joke. You have people literally saying they're not paid to be here as to why they're an ######, and others who reply "reimage for facebook lololol" 20 times over. Not surprised to see the usual suspects ###### on this thread.

Oh there's plenty of things to do here! This guy obviously went through a lot of unnecessary hassle for a stupid facebook poker game but that is not a reason to get all judgmental about Kosova. 

Wow - you Kosovo guys are on edge - guess war takes the humor out of everything.  The joke about Kosovo not having anything to do - was just that, a joke.  This is funny because someone would go to extremes because of 1 site not working correctly.  

I understand if a culture difference is the reason subtle jokes are not understood.

Orlando - "watch your business and do something smarter" - I think you meant, "Its better if you mind your own business" - and since you posted on a public forum  - I will throw that comment out the window... just like my plans to visit Kosovo for a vacation.

This entire thread is prime example as to why this sites reputation has become a joke. You have people literally saying they're not paid to be here as to why they're an ######, and others who reply "reimage for facebook lololol" 20 times over. Not surprised to see the usual suspects ###### on this thread.

shockz - you need a hug ?

the thing is, the regulars here see this a friendly forum, and they act like they are with their buddies.   

tease, joke around, poke fun.

people who are not regulars, are not used to this kind of treatment from strangers.  

they take it personally, since they don't the forum as a place they hang out with their buddies.

so it is hard for them to see the humor, since they are not used to it from strangers.  

things your buddy can say, coming from a stranger, can get you to kick his ass.

so, it would not hurt to be a little less teasing with members who don't post often.

though, i don't really care one way or another.  

this forum completely changed for me many times, and the crowd changed again and again. 

so it is natural evolution i guess.   which direction? i don't care.  if i don't like it i will always move to another one.

as should anyone else.  instead of complaining.   it is world wide web.

I am surprised at all the people who make fun of completely redoing his OS for his game. I would shocked if all of you didn't do this at least a couple times in your life for whatever prime purpose you use your pc for. Heck, bored on a saturday with nothing to do?... redo your OS just to keep it fresh.

I agree !!  I re-install Windows everytime when I need to delete browsing cookies !

I also just buy a new car when I run out of gas.

OK - I'll stop.  (sorry - bored)

• Like 1

I am surprised at all the people who make fun of completely redoing his OS for his game. I would shocked if all of you didn't do this at least a couple times in your life for whatever prime purpose you use your pc for. Heck, bored on a saturday with nothing to do?... redo your OS just to keep it fresh.

you are taking about windows XP (and before) days.   i used to mess around and reinstall XP every couple of weeks.  i think the longest i lasted was about 3 months.

since then i lost all interest in it, because i don't notice any performance retardation anymore with continues use.    i did it because it brought rewards (fresh un######ed up system)

with current windows, i can un######up my system without the reinstall.  and i am not willing to reinstall over petty issues, because i don't see the need too, nor is it likely to fix anything.

OS'es advanced a lot, believe it or not.

So, when someone does something absurdly ridiculous, you expect people to just sit around and go "yeah, that seems reasonable" and not point out the facts?

He did to because Facebook wasn't loading, which he plays games on, every other site was fine. Obivously it was a browser/cache/DNS/isp issue from the beginning. And I seriously hope he isn't running Server 2003 as his OS.

• Like 1

That sort of page looks exactly like a problem with css - if you turn off all the LOADS of css files they load you can pretty much duplicate what he was seeing.

post-14624-0-04193900-1431627363.png

So I turned off most of the css and looks very sim to what he was showing on his first page.

Now why this css did not load is the question

post-14624-0-19236300-1431627538.png

As you can see its loaded from cdn (content delivery network) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies

Its quite likely the problem was with access to this part of the page that was causing the problem.  Guess if I know how to buy a new car, and my car got a flat - and I didn't know how to fix a flat -- buy a new car would seem like a logical choice ;)

Sure wish the OP had just asked for help before taking a drastic step.. 

So, when someone does something absurdly ridiculous, you expect people to just sit around and go "yeah, that seems reasonable" and not point out the facts?

Of course not, there's pointing out facts and then just being a douche. Not surprised to see you encouraging this behavior. Explains why the forums are the way they are.

"then just being a douche"

Then there is the whole thing of the pot calling the kettle as well.. What exactly is he encouraging??

Someone really seems to have a stick where it doesn't belong today..  How about you reread this thread without the everyone is an ###### glasses on..

The OP states this

"I used VPN and Facebook was loaded without problem. But then I got message I was banned from ZYnga Poker, but lucky when I tried with transparent proxy it was OK."

How does that point to anything in his machine being the problem??  A reload of the OS when clearly it worked with a proxy and vpn even seems pointless with these symptoms don't you think?

Wow - you Kosovo guys are on edge - guess war takes the humor out of everything.  The joke about Kosovo not having anything to do - was just that, a joke.  This is funny because someone would go to extremes because of 1 site not working correctly.  

I understand if a culture difference is the reason subtle jokes are not understood.

Sorry, I do admit that I did not perceive it as a joke. To be honest it's not the fault of culture difference (we of course do get jokes), it is that we've been feeling marginalized for far too long and because of that we sometimes tend to act too defensive. There's a lot of anti - Kosovo propaganda going on spreading false information thanks to our neighbors. The moment I read your comment I jumped to the conclusion that: Oh here's another one of those that has a problem with us for no reason. I am sorry for misjudging you.

• Like 2

we know.  pretty sure he was joking.

everyone is funding it funny, how much effort this guy is putting just to play facebook! poker ..    

it is funny. no reason to take personal.

Sorry, my mistake  :unsure:

• Like 2

Sorry, my mistake  :unsure:

no worries i know how you feel. i take things too personally when it relates to my country too.   it is normal.

i just hope that the original poster is not being put off too much by a bit of humor too.  

1371183509616.jpg