Anyone have experience with .htaccess redirects?

Question

I have been successful in one aspect of our redirect but in another it is not working.

Let me give an explanation of the history of this. We had almost two years ago hired a company to create a mobile site for us using Magento. Well Magento was not easy to work with and basically this whole venture was a disaster!

I took more than a year for this company to finish this site and that is with me doing a lot of the work even though I never worked in Magento before. I basically entered all the products based on info I found online because they were no help at all.

A group of developers and they could not do anything right!  Anyways when it was finished it never worked properly and the host they found for us with has been the only good thing they did. Inside the host server space for us they installed magento in a folder called m which they made as root. I dont know why they did not do it outside of this folder but I just kept with it.

Not longer after the owners told me to find another system which I did called AbanteCart. In a month I had the system up and running much quicker than those developers. I installed this in a sub-folder of m called store. This has worked for a year but now they wanted Amazon payments so I used WooCommerce/Wordpress and that is now up and running well under a different sub-folder of m called Shop.

I have the following code in our .htaccess file and it works.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(m.)?
kleinerts.com$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ Shop [L]

This redirects from m.kleinerts.com to m.kleinerts.com/Shop which is what we need and no problem.

The issue is we are still getting orders at the Abante Mobile Site which we want to stop.

Is there another redirect code I can use to redirect m.kleinerts.com/store to m.kleinerts.com/Shop ?

I need to keep up the Abante site for awhile longer at least the Admin so they can finish up the orders that are pending and look back on previous orders from Consumers. After some time I will take it down completely.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I tried everything in there and it still did not work. Very frustrating.

I was told I could have more than one redirect inside the .htaccess file.

I type in m.kleinerts.com/store and it just stays there it does not change to m.kleinerts.com/Shop

Have you tried putting the rules in the .htaccess in the store sub-directory?  It sounds like you are doing it at the root level.

I believe if a subfolder has rewrite rules, it ignores the parents' rules.  Maybe this is whats happening and you'll have better luck putting the rules in the store sub-directory.

You know I was working on that but the host told me I only need to edit the one in the root. I will try what you say and do it again.