Windows Longhorn

Does anyone know about what time frame Windows Longhorn will be at Beta 1 and on MSDN subscriber downloads. I currently renewed my subscription until 2003 so that is why I am asking about the MSDN part. Also I read on the winsupersite that Longhorn is going to be an SQL file system. If that's true or not let me know. Thanks for any help on this one.

PT thinks that Longhorn will enter beta in 2003, 2002 will see a "Second Edition" of XP by his forecast. This is all speculation tho.

Longhorn will see the new "Storage+" SQL based file system. I expect very very early betas of Longhorn around March or April. One because every programmer at Microsoft is going through a month long class on secure programming. I doubt Longhorn will ship until mid 2003. I am not sure what MS will do to fill the gap of not having a new OS this year. Possibly release a SP with fixes and addons, but I dunno.

-Matrox

ya, actually that time frame does sound about right. March/April would give it a 1.5 year development span at most, which fits right in with how long XP took.

cool. I can look forward to LH in a few months then. :D