Can not view embedded videos

So this has been going on for a while now and in Google Chrome I can not view any embedded YouTube videos at all and to view them I have to quote the post and copy and past the link and go to YouTube. I can view Vimeo videos and Instagram videos just fine.

Here is what I see 

e65290ea92.png

any idea on how to fix it? I have tried turning Ad-blocker off and no help there and I have no plugins for chrome that stop scripts running.

Upgrade your browser or use alternative browser to view videos..

I can view videos fine.

Good piece of advice that. It doesn't get more up to date than the latest version of chrome 42.0.2311.152 m. 

and I really do not want to run firefox or anything else for 1 website....

Good piece of advice that. It doesn't get more up to date than the latest version of chrome 42.0.2311.152 m. 

and I really do not want to run firefox or anything else for 1 website....

Get beta version then.

Get beta version then.

.................................... really? I'll one up that I am now using Chrome Canary which is on "44.0.2402.0" and I STILL can not view youtube videos on this website. 

If you have the HTTPS Everywhere add-on for your browser, disable it. That solution worked for me.

If you have the HTTPS Everywhere add-on for your browser, disable it. That solution worked for me.

Cheers that actually worked. Thanks for the useful help.

that works but it's really more of a work around

as found out in another thread about this it's the iframes at fault only loading as http

could it be possible to change it so the iframes are capable of loading in https? if not now when the IPB update occurs?

i use HTTPS Everyhere when I'm at work and it would be nice not to have to disable it or click "allow unsecured content" just to view a youtube video that should be perfectly capable of loading in full https

I am not able to view embedded videos either. Nor do I have the HTTPS extension installed. I'm using Chrome (desktop) version 42.0.2311.152 m.

I am not able to view embedded videos either. Nor do I have the HTTPS extension installed. I'm using Chrome (desktop) version 42.0.2311.152 m.

Another workaround is to turn off the BBCode (First icon, very top left of the chat input pane, paste the video, then post with the BBCode off)

Another workaround is to turn off the BBCode (First icon, very top left of the chat input pane, paste the video, then post with the BBCode off)

I meant I cannot see the videos that others have posted. Not videos that I would post.

Oh that's what that is.