Display Issue - Screen Goes 'Crazy'?

Also got this posted on Tom's Hardware, but multiple opinions can't hurt...!

So over the last couple of days I've come across an issue on my PC that is giving me the following: http://imgur.com/a/fl7Gp

Both of these have been taken at 2 different times when it happened. Basically the whole screen does that, and the second time it did it I was playing a video on YouTube and I could still hear the sound through my headphones. It has just happened a third time, again caused by playing another video (on BBC Sport). So I turned the screen off and on, and the display came back, but everything was distorted - kind of like it was running at too high a resolution. When it happened for the third time when I turned my display on and off, it stayed at the 'crazy' colours. I have another TV plugged in at a different resolution, and even when my main screen was having a rave it was fine. I did notice when I dragged a window over to the overlap of the monitor and TV, it would start stuttering a little as it was being dragged, but when the whole window was on the TV it was fine.

The first time it did this I had Alt+Tabbed out of GTA V, so I thought it was a GPU driver issue, but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone know what might cause this? I have changed the drivers between the first and second times of it happening, so I don't know if that might be the cause either.

My specs are below:
Intel i5-4670K (stock)
RipJaws 8GB 2133MHz RAM (stock)
MSI 7950 TwinFrozr III (stock)
Corsair AX760M
Windows 8.1 Pro

Thank you to anyone who has read this!

EDIT: Oh and also, I do monitor my temps and it hasn't been over 53 degrees when in GTA or at idle, so that can't be the issue...

Looks like your GFX card might be faulty or needs reseating from my experience. If it starts happening more often then I would seek an RMA if possible.

driver issue by the sounds of it if that's what your running im not sure if 8.1 drivers work on these builds as the vm were runs on a s3trio driver well outdated but just perfect for a vm anyway if that's not the issues and its worked before then it might just be its got to much crap in there it needs a new install of the operating system troubleshooting can take hours i know from experience and t the end of the day its faster to format :) 

driver issue by the sounds of it if that's what your running im not sure if 8.1 drivers work on these builds as the vm were runs on a s3trio driver well outdated but just perfect for a vm anyway if that's not the issues and its worked before then it might just be its got to much crap in there it needs a new install of the operating system troubleshooting can take hours i know from experience and t the end of the day its faster to format :)

Looks like you are confused, he's running Windows 8.1

ive got win 10 on my brain sorry ! just downloading the 10122 into a vm and it taking time so yeah its probably the lintel display driver i run eve online everyday  and every now and again on a bad driver i get a swirly pink screen of stupid lines i found its a resolution thing the game switches it two a quick change to the rez on the desktop puts it back to normal so yeah go back to a driver that worked before it all went pete tong and weight for a new driver to come out 

Looks like your GFX card might be faulty or needs reseating from my experience. If it starts happening more often then I would seek an RMA if possible.

Trouble is it's 2 years old, so can't return it, unfortunately. I would have liked to upgrade anyway this year, but if it's faulty I can't exactly sell this one...

ive got win 10 on my brain sorry ! just downloading the 10122 into a vm and it taking time so yeah its probably the lintel display driver i run eve online everyday  and every now and again on a bad driver i get a swirly pink screen of stupid lines i found its a resolution thing the game switches it two a quick change to the rez on the desktop puts it back to normal so yeah go back to a driver that worked before it all went pete tong and weight for a new driver to come out 

I know new 15.5 drivers should be out soon so I'll try those when they come out.

It did just happen again whilst I was about to watch another video. I managed to pause it by guessing with the cursor and it stopped...then I played the video again and it was fine. :/

It does sound like a driver.  Since its AMD - I'd say - yeah definately a driver issue.

But to be sure - do the driver clean install using one of the many utilities out there

Then update DirectX (by deleting most of the files and letting it rebuild everything)

Even Windows updates ?

Sorry - this is all kind of general guessing - but ....

I used a driver remover (I can't remember the name of it now) in safe mode and installed the 15.5 beta drivers, but still getting the same thing when I'm loading up YouTube videos. If I keep the cursor on the video when I press play, then when I start to hear the sound I can click again to pause and the screen will go back to normal.

Really strange issue, I don't want to really go back to 15.4 drivers though because it leaves artifacting on GTA5 in the bottom right corner :/