Have you retired your last-gen consoles?

Have you retired your last-gen consoles?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Have you retired your last-gen consoles?

• Yep! Out with the old, in with the new!
    • No way, the old girls still have some life left in 'em!
    • I have no next-gen consoles to replace the last-gen ones with :(
    • Other. 'Splain yourself in the comment section.

It's still sitting there under the TV but hasnt been switched on since I got the Xbox One

Nope, ps3 and ps4 are both connected in my living room

(that and the lack of backwards compatibility, and pure laziness of developers to force us to pay over and over again for the titles we already own)

(Don't even get me started on psnow)

PS3 - Hardware failing. It's an 80GB launch model that needs to be reballed (which is expensive and not guarenteed to fix it). Shame really.

Xbox 360 - Kids use the family one and I still use mine to play the occasional game whilst waiting for something to finish downloading / installing / RMA.

Invested in my PC again this time around as nothing is drawing me to the new consoles now. PC ports are now aplenty, my Steam/Origin/Uplay/GOG catalogue dwarfs any other game collection I have. GTX 980 plays everything I want so far and came with The Witcher III and Arkham Knight codes. :)

No.

I have all my consoles/computers setup right back to the Commodore 64.

Nothing better than booting up a classic and having all the memories come flooding back.

Unforunately, I sold three Xbox 360's the summer before the release of the Xbox One. I kind of wish I would have kept one. :cry:

I'm real bad about hoarding game consoles. I do have at least one of each connected to TV and play them often.

I have 9 original Xbox consoles if that's any hint at my hoarding. :pinch:

I'm real bad about hoarding game consoles. I do have at least one of each connected to TV and play them often.

I have 9 original Xbox consoles if that's any hint at my hoarding. :pinch:

Wow, 9 originals :woot: Are they all in working condition?

Wow, 9 originals :woot: Are they all in working condition?

Yup all working and modded with upgraded hard drives. Only 2 are soft modded (1.6v). One has a mod chip and rest are tsop flashed.

Yup all working and modded with upgraded hard drives. Only 2 are soft modded (1.6v). One has a mod chip and rest are tsop flashed.

Nice! :)

I no longer have my older consoles other than my PS3.  My PS4 took the PS3's place hooked up to the TV, while the PS3 is hooked up to my computer monitor.  Its mostly retired, but I still use it occasionally for watching Blu-rays or playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD or something when my girls are using the main TV.  It still has it's uses. PS2 and prior I can emulate well enough on my PC anyways.

I said other. I haven't officially retired my 360. It's still hooked up and ready to go, but I have turned it on for gaming purposes since pretty much when I got xbox one.

The so called Next-Gen consoles are not advanced enough from the last gen to warrant a purchase. Plus, new games are just rehashes of previous games with slightly prettier graphics.

Still got my Vita that I haven't touched in over a year, my PS3 is starting to collect dust (havent played it since xmas) so yeah, pretty much retired them.

Traded in my PS3 for an XB1 last fall.  Well worth it, though I still have my HTPC for Steam. (Pipedream is that a Steam receiver could surface with Win10)

Essentially they're retired as I've played only a handful of games on them since the new consoles came out.  It's been at least 6 months since I last touched them for games though I still use the PS3 for streaming videos.

I still have PS3 games to finish.  Only reason I even have a PS4 is that it was a gift.  I even have a couple games on my 360 to finish.  I'm terrible.

Do we mean retire as in pack away or retire as in sell? Never sold a console in my life.

My main living area has PS4 and a ONE.

My gaming room has the following connected, PS3, PS2, PS1, Xbox, 360, NES, SNES, N64, Megadrive (first console at 5), Dreamcast all functioning with hundreds of games. Still a few consoles I wouldn't mind picking up with games but trying to hold off until I purchase a bigger house and can have a stand alone modern garage for my car toys and this collection set up properly. 

So you're still using the same graphics card from 2006?   :p

The graphics card just went through a natural progression which doesn't involve retirement and still able to play every generation of games.  :)

I still have a few 360 games I hope to play before boxing it up.

I'm about 3 games behind on my PS4 right now, and about 3 (loooong) PC games behind. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to move, I won't unbox the 360.

PS3 is long dead and in the garbage sadly. But still have my 360 rockin' as well as the new consoles.