iPhone 6 to LG Flex 2 - Good Deal?

I might have an opportunity to swap my 7 month old iPhone 6, 16Gb, Silver for a brand new LG Flex 2.

Some reasons I am not enjoying the iPhone experience:

• Difficult loading music.
  • My "photos" directory has six different folders in it (all created by the phone), some of those have what looks like a removable drive :s
  • iMessages don't tell me WHEN I sent them.
  • Annoying / confusing settings (although Android isn't much better).

Some reasons to keep it:

• The wife has an iPhone too so we can send iMessages and as such, free picture messages.
  • Not sure of having a phone which isn't "pure" Google (takes ages for updates)
  • WP10 coming out soon.
  • Would a G4 be better if I was looking for an LG phone?

I know there are other apps and things that you can get to send "free" picture messages but I'd rather not have an extra app to do so.

But I'm not sure whether Android is the way as I really enjoyed Windows Phone and with WP10 coming out in the near future, it could be the OS I go back to, especially if app developers start converting their apps.

Any thoughts?

Stick to Iphone, I had Iphone and it got stolen. I now use Nexus 5 but part of me still misses Iphone.

I'd stick with the iPhone.  Not sure how you find the menu's confusing they are generally well set out and it's easy to find answers online if you need help, and really how often do you need to go in to the menu's anyway?  Music wise, stick with iTunes and it's all fairly straight forward.

Besides if you are interested in WP10, do you really want to have to swap phones again in several months time and set it all back up?

Music wise, stick with iTunes and it's all fairly straight forward.

iTunes is a bloody nightmare unless you are OSX

if he is ,  iphone is the way to go.  otherwise it is much much better with android.

i would say do it.  don't worry about imessage,  you can do the same in many different chat/picture  apps, that are available cross platform.

i used both flex 2 and g3, and both are EXCELLENT phones :)

i am also waiting on W10 phones, but i am not sure i will buy on day 1 anyhow. i will give it some time to see how people are liking it, since (to me) wp7 AND wp8 were a major dissapointments

Stick to Iphone, I had Iphone and it got stolen. I now use Nexus 5 but part of me still misses Iphone.

as much as people like it, nexus 5 is a BUDGET phone,  not comparable to G4 or even Flex 2 :)

I might have an opportunity to swap my 7 month old iPhone 6, 16Gb, Silver for a brand new LG Flex 2.

Some reasons I am not enjoying the iPhone experience:

• Difficult loading music.
  • My "photos" directory has six different folders in it (all created by the phone), some of those have what looks like a removable drive :s
  • iMessages don't tell me WHEN I sent them.
  • Annoying / confusing settings (although Android isn't much better).

Some reasons to keep it:

• The wife has an iPhone too so we can send iMessages and as such, free picture messages.
  • Not sure of having a phone which isn't "pure" Google (takes ages for updates)
  • WP10 coming out soon.
  • Would a G4 be better if I was looking for an LG phone?

I know there are other apps and things that you can get to send "free" picture messages but I'd rather not have an extra app to do so.

But I'm not sure whether Android is the way as I really enjoyed Windows Phone and with WP10 coming out in the near future, it could be the OS I go back to, especially if app developers start converting their apps.

Any thoughts?

Wife and I were in the same situation. I wanted to try Android, so I got a Nexus 5. We had unlimited texting/data, so it didn't matter. Eventually she wanted to try Android and I will say KitKat and higher are definitely an improvement from when I first tried Android back in the Froyo days. I say get like a Nexus 5 (unless you don't want a budget phone), it's "pure" and your wife could easily download Hangouts. 

as much as people like it, nexus 5 is a BUDGET phone,  not comparable to G4 or even Flex 2 :)

Hard to compare any budget phone to a non-budget 2015 device.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll read a few more reviews of the Flex 2 and check one out in the store I think.