Rockstar Customer Service Instructed to Hang Up on Customers

Our most recent investigative consumer report set forth a goal to evaluate Rockstar Games' customer service phone and email support.

The company has been under fire lately resultant of hacked GTA V social accounts, whereupon users have lost access to their GTA accounts (a $60 purchase)

So what are they supposed to do, sit on the phone and coddle everyone? At some point the call has to end and if they are of no further help and have explained that, then what more do you want? Just something else for miserable people to bitch about I guess.

• Like 2

So what are they supposed to do, sit on the phone and coddle everyone? At some point the call has to end and if they are of no further help and have explained that, then what more do you want? Just something else for miserable people to bitch about I guess.

Did you listen to the calls?

Edit: If you did you wouldn't be so grumpy

problem with hacked accounts is trying to prove that you are the owner of the account.

how does rockstar know if your not a hacker calling and trying to gain access to someone elses account.

problem with hacked accounts is trying to prove that you are the owner of the account.

how does rockstar know if your not a hacker calling and trying to gain access to someone elses account.

Well then Customer Service should have said so.

They allow account email changes without verification. Their hang up policy isn't because they cannot determine or check on who is calling.

They simply have bad support.

I worked for a business that had its own insurance, that didnt use email verification and I accidentally reset someone else password once.

I thought the user name was mine and turns out the persons security question was the same as mine and same answere

Did you listen to the calls?

Edit: If you did you wouldn't be so grumpy

I'm not grumpy at all, you are the one making a second anti-rockstar thread and ranting on. Just a fact.

I'm not grumpy at all, you are the one making a second anti-rockstar thread and ranting on. Just a fact.

So you have a hardon for me because I made 2 Rockstar news threads?

Edit: Incase you missed it. I never ranted on this thread.. I simple reposted a news article. So please enlighten me...

It's not hard. When my Guild Wars account was hacked they replied to me quickly and they asked me to fax them my serial number on the box and they gave me my account back. They could ask the user to provide the email by GMG with the serial code and then contact GMG to verify or something like that. At the very least they should provide feedback about the investigation like Blizzard does.

BTW this is 2015 you don't make a game requiring an account without 2-factor auth.

Why are all these accounts getting hacked?

Hard to know rockstar will never say it like Blizzard never said why wow accounts not using the authenticator were almost all hacked once.

My wow account was using an unique password that was 10 digits long and was made of random lowercases, uppercases and numbers. Almost impossible to bruteforce considering the latency of the web server. Anyway an account should be frozen before it can be brute forced. When you regristrate over x failed logins in a row an account should be frozen and an email should be sent to the owner.

After investigation i'm 100% sure my email account had not been hacked and that my computer was 100% clean so my wow account was probably hacked from blizzard side but they will never admit it.

My wow account was using an unique password that was 10 digits long and was made of random lowercases, uppercases and numbers. Almost impossible to bruteforce considering the latency of the web server. Anyway an account should be frozen before it can be brute forced. When you regristrate over x failed logins in a row an account should be frozen and an email should be sent to the owner.

After investigation i'm 100% sure my email account had not been hacked and that my computer was 100% clean so my wow account was probably hacked from blizzard side but they will never admit it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's something dodgy going on with regards to Battle.net accounts. My brother had his account hacked without an authenticator.

As for Rockstar, that's pretty appalling customer service. You should never hang up on customers until the issue is resolved - if the agent can't help it should be passed onto a superior. Only if the customer is being abusive or unreasonable is it acceptable to hang up. The video demonstrates the full context and that is absolutely unacceptable.

Hard to know rockstar will never say it like Blizzard never said why wow accounts not using the authenticator were almost all hacked once.

was it hacked or just locked for suspicion of being hacked ? cause the battle.net auto lock on account is extremely aggressive and will lock accounts for nothing. using a laptop and playing at multiple location with multiple IP's ? lock. moving and playing in a new state/country? lock, playing on a friends computer on his ip that he normally plays on? lock.

was it hacked or just locked for suspicion of being hacked ?

Hacked they had to restore my items and mats all of them were sold.

Customer support was really good tough. Opened a ticket, waiting time was 4 days, they got to me in less than 2 days and my account was given back to me and all my items restored. GM was very friendly. Same with Arenanet when my Guild Wars account was hacked. They got back to me quickly and after confirming i was the owner of the account they gave it back to me and the guy was really friendly. Same when i bought Windows Vista on eBay and i could not activate it. Called ms and after confirmation i was now the owner of it i was able to activate it. Was very friendly and all.

That's some really bad support by Rockstar sadly.

The Call center people well most of them.
Didn't even sound professional.. kinda sad for a Big company like Rockstar.

By the sounds of it their customer service is most likely outsourced to some small company spending the minimum possible for employees.

"Daaaammmnnnation! No donation, no salvation!" Now I know what that gamesave bite from GTA 2 really means! Offer them $50 to solve your issue, no hangup ;)