FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges

Just came to say that, in my language, half of Sepp Blatter's surname, "blat", is literally a slang for rigged (game).

The Farce Is Complete: FIFA, Qatar Donated To The Clinton Foundation

For full article:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/farce-complete-fifa-qatar-donated-clinton-foundation

Will Hillary pay any really meaningful penalty - such as being too radioactive to ever be served at any Chipotle worldwide ever again?

So, if a serial killer donates to the Clinton Foundation, then it's an endorsement, right?

yeah click bait IMO, anyone can donate money, unless there is proof there was an arrangement for it, that article is pretty much meh

yeah click bait IMO, anyone can donate money, unless there is proof there was an arrangement for it, that article is pretty much meh

Actually - no it isn't.

It's called "quid pro quo" or "pay-to-play" or "playola" - ALL of which are slang for bribery or kickbacks.  The rather nasty twist is the use of "not-for-profits" and other NGOs in such schemery, and at both ends.  (There have been similar cases involving everything from pilferage of national coffers (fortunately, the US Treasury has not been pillaged - yet) to terrorism using NGOs.)

• Like 2

Whilst it's about time the rank corruption in FIFA was investigated, I'm really surprised that it's the US which has started the whole process off.  Given the rather limited interest in football in the US, they're just about the -last- nation I'd think of to actually do something about it...

Now, if only they can get something on Sepp Blatter...

Sepp definitely has to go. Either he took part in the corruption going on, or he at least knew about it and is complicit.  If he didn't take part, and didn't know about it, then he's incompetent for allowing such corruption to go on under his watch, and still has to go.

Not holding my breath, corrupt sponsors may want to keep the corrupt FIFA in place less they get found out. 

So, if a serial killer donates to the Clinton Foundation, then it's an endorsement, right?

Everyone from pedophiles to warlords donated to the Hillary Foundation for favours. It isn't really news.

Not holding my breath, corrupt sponsors may want to keep the corrupt FIFA in place less they get found out. 

Actually, we've begun to hear from that front.

Coca-Cola (worldwide FIFA sponsor) has already made plain that unless FIFA comes clean, they will pull back their sponsorship. (via ThomsonReuters).

Where things get dicey are regional or country-specific sponsorships (where FIFA is just one link).

Remember, FIFA and the IOC have an identical structure to the UN General Assembly (on purpose) - in fact, both are larger than the UN.

And like the UN, allegations of corruption abound.  (Worse, every time the issue comes up, the smaller nations - which are the ones getting the biggest screwing - are usually the ones looking for the brooms trying to sweep the mess under the carpeting.)  Hasn't the lumpiness become obvious enough even for them to get tired of it?

Actually, we've begun to hear from that front.

Coca-Cola (worldwide FIFA sponsor) has already made plain that unless FIFA comes clean, they will pull back their sponsorship. (via ThomsonReuters).

Yes great words, but that's all they are. There have been questions of corruption over the last 5 years and yet Coca-Cola and other sponsors are only speaking up now !!! If ANY of these sponsors were serious they would have cancelled their contracts yesterday but they are as corrupt as FIFA.

Yes great words, but that's all they are. There have been questions of corruption over the last 5 years and yet Coca-Cola and other sponsors are only speaking up now !!! If ANY of these sponsors were serious they would have cancelled their contracts yesterday but they are as corrupt as FIFA.

questions are one thing, but when they start to bring out evidence that's another... for someone like coke to push them over rumors or something that has lack of true evidence could cause more trouble and harm for coke... now that someone took action on this they can more easily push back

I would really like to see a boycott 2022 games since so many people have died building a stupid stadium in Qatar.

Can't blame it on the USA if all the teams boycott it

Can't blame it on the USA if all the teams boycott it

I wouldn't have anyway. The Qatar tournament has many reasons why it should be boycotted by -every- nation involved in the world cup; the deplorable treatment of the construction workers is just the tip of the iceberg.

Crazy... gets re-elected just to say "I beat you bitches".

Or if you are a cynic to block the Jordanian so he can line up his own replacement... 

Or if you are a cynic to block the Jordanian so he can line up his own replacement... 

Isn't he VP though?

President Sepp Blatter will step down as head of world soccer's governing body but only after the organization's executive committee organizes a fresh vote "for the election of my successor," he said Tuesday

Which means he still hasn't stepped down...