WiFi broken on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

A family member handed me their new Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 because she did something to actually break the WiFi. I cannot turn it on. When I switch it on, it just goes back to off. I factory reset it using the software reset. When that didn't work, I reset it by deleting data and cache which should just do the same thing anyway. That didn't work either.

I've tried looking for a stock ROM but it's been a while since messing with Android ROMs. Not sure if I need to go that route and should I use Kies or get into something like Odin.

That's actually a good point, I just checked with the live chat and it is under warranty. I didn't realize it was a new tablet. There's so many damn Samsung tablets  :p

They are giving me steps to ship it to them.

That's actually a good point, I just checked with the live chat and it is under warranty. I didn't realize it was a new tablet. There's so many damn Samsung tablets  :p

They are giving me steps to ship it to them.

Nice that's probably the best option in this case since you covered most of the troubleshooting steps.

Nice that's probably the best option in this case since you covered most of the troubleshooting steps.

Also, is the router in question dual-band N (with different passwords for each band)?  If that is the case (and the passphrases for each band are similar/not identical), are you entering the correct passphrase for each band?  (It's not stupid - my mom's new-to-her Tab 4 connects to each of the bands of my dual-N router just fine - they have separate IDs and separate passphrases.  As to how I know, I set the tablet up.  Because of the tablet's multi-user mode, each of us has separate user settings.)