Will a Planetary Alignment Cause a 9.8 Earthquake ?

Just curious, has there or will there ever be a complete alignment of all of the planets in our solar system?

Thanks to Google I found this passage:

"The closest that the eight planets will come to being aligned (Pluto is now considered a dwarf planet) will occur on May 6, 2492. Additionally, the five planets Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Venus and Mercury will be in the same part of the sky on 8 September 2040."

I looked further and here's another interesting point:

"Astronomers define an alignment as varying levels of proximity between the planets. Universe Today reports that the planets all come within 90 degrees of each other roughly once every 200 years."

Number of end-time apocalypses (including zombie invasions) survived since January 1st, 2000: 18 , 19

I should make T-Shirts or Apps from that. I am sure there is a business

Just curious, has there or will there ever be a complete alignment of all of the planets in our solar system?

Around 1985 I think there was something called the Jupiter Effect - all of them aligned.

Oooh, is it crazy season again already?  Man, I'm still spinnin' after the world ended in 2012!!

2048 seems like the next end of the world year, because it is 2^11 and that is all the reason anyone needs to start crazy season.

Does Jupiter make tides? No. Saturn? No. My Anus? No. Neptune the derp? No. SPF 1000? No. OOH SHINY? No.

If all of them align? No. "Oh my god let me bring my 10 billion mile ruler, and measure how far apart they are!"

Bonus Question:

Will plate tectonics explain an Earthquake ?

From the deepest ocean trench to the tallest mountain, plate tectonics explains the features and movement of Earth's surface in the present and the past...

http://www.livescience.com/37706-what-is-plate-tectonics.html

Get ready for a big surprise...   :laugh:

There is that guy who has the nationally-syndicated radio show who keeps predicting the end of the world, then when it goes by, he says he had the math wrong - and has/had many people believing the crap he was saying.

There is that guy who has the nationally-syndicated radio show who keeps predicting the end of the world, then when it goes by, he says he had the math wrong - and has/had many people believing the crap he was saying.

I'll try that on my bank. "Excuse me sir, you've gone overdrawn", "Oh no puny bank worker, i merely got my maths wrong, let me try again tomorrow".

• Like 2

Wasn't this guy shipped to a Hospice home slightly after that?

2048 seems like the next end of the world year, because it is 2^11 and that is all the reason anyone needs to start crazy season.

I thought the next one would be 2038 with the time on computers when the number of seconds counted form 1970 would overflow MAXINT. A kind of Y2K scare.

Anyway, T-Shirt idea:

I survived the 2048 apocalypse!

468px-2048_win.png

Coast-to-coast AM? That is the well known one which deals with all that doomsday type nonsense. As well as other unscientific drivel.

Edit: Harold Camping was a well-known recent doomsdayer who was utterly wrong more than once. He dead now.

Coast-to-coast AM? That is the well known one which deals with all that doomsday type nonsense. As well as other unscientific drivel.

Edit: Harold Camping was a well-known recent doomsdayer who was utterly wrong more than once. He dead now.

Thats the show - and I think thats the guy I was thinking of.

Coast-to-Coast AM's listeners believed that guy even though he was repeatedly wrong - just nonsensical crap.

The doomsday preparers go hand in hand with the conspiracy theorists.

People who are bored with their life and the notion that something exciting, even evil lurking behind the scenes, pulling strings - gives them some excitement/meaning in their life - even if it is nothing more than a meaningless pawn running from the doom - the fact they believe in it makes them have something to do/think about - get them together with other people with the same meaningless existence and they feed off of one another -  kinda like people who watch Fox News all the time -

Doubt it. But when Raa farts you'll sure feel it for miles and strength increases by the second! Lol jk

Dammit, are we still here!? Oh maaaaaaaan! Now I gotta keep going to work!

We should print up some t-shirts:

"I've survived every doomsday prediction to date and all I've got to show for it is this lousy t-shirt."

Well, we've all still got the Blood Moon prophecy to look forward to

No one will be spared! No one!

Or, nothing will happen and we'll all be on Neowin arguing over whatever it is we all usually argue about.