Need for Speed reboot game will require an online connection

I see this going extremely well for EA.

And by that I mean the servers will probably be ddos'd the day it is released and no one will be able to play for the first week of the games life.

• Like 1

Even do we have been able to stay online 100% percent all the time doesn't give you the right to implement that requirement. Think of the apocalypse.

I wish they'd remake NFS Porsche  AND bring back LAN play 

Porsche was the worst NFS game(well untill the one where they pretended to be some american road sim where every car was like a boat). It only had Porches' the worst of all sports cars(naturally attracted to trees) and the driving wasn't very food and the tracks weren't close to the beautiful landscapes we had in the previous ones. 

Awesome. So when EA decides to turn the servers off in a few years, it won't be just the MP that's worthless, but the whole game.

Porsche was the worst NFS game(well untill the one where they pretended to be some american road sim where every car was like a boat). It only had Porches' the worst of all sports cars(naturally attracted to trees) and the driving wasn't very food and the tracks weren't close to the beautiful landscapes we had in the previous ones. 

Need For Speed: Shift? That game was god awful.

I look at the user reviews on steam and it amazes me how many of them are positive.

This sounds to me like "once we stop supporting it, you will not be able to play"

Lucky for you they'll have a brand new version for you to go out and buy!

Always online seems entirely unnecessary. If you want to do MP or some of the social stuff then you can go online, if you want to just do single player stuff there is no need for there to be an active connection.

Not my fault you cant drive where as my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the game was called NFS Porsche for a reason Porsche's racing Porsche's not jappa vs yank tank like most of the other games   

Not my fault you cant drive where as my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the game was called NFS Porsche for a reason Porsche's racing Porsche's not jappa vs yank tank like most of the other games   

Except Porche's are renovn for being horrible to drive due to how their drive works, as in you're highly likely to go off in any corner. 

That game also had the worst driving model of any NFS game, except Shift. it was terrible. and there wasn't that many racing porche's anyway. besides NFS was and always will be about driving regular super cars. preferably in beautiful tracks but that's something they keep forgetting on a lot of the modern games. also the other NFS games in that period didn't have many jap cars, it was mostly italian super cars. 

either way, it may have been a good game to the few people who liked it, but it wasn't a NFS game. it and Shift are both games that are titled NFS but utterly failed to be an NFS game, and was punished for it. 

EA just doesn't learn...

And rebooting the already rebooted franchise? Let it go already.

I don't think anyone actually called it a reboot, it's more 'we give up finding new names for these things.'

• 8 months later...
On 5/29/2015 at 10:52 AM, dipsylalapo said:

This sounds like the next step up from their last game (Rivals). Wasn't Autolog and their All Drive system online only? 

Indeed they were (and there were free apps for both for Android and iOS) - Autolog started with the Hot Pursuit 2010 reboot, and morphed into NFS Network for Rivals.  I'm expecting a similar app for NFS No Limits (which is, after all, the official name of the game).  PC is actually the LAST platform to get it (it's been out for consoles - and Android - since last year); no that was not a typo - I DID say Android.  Even more shocking (after all, this IS EA we're talking about here) it's free (as in costs nada) on the Play Store.  (However, it's a serious space-eater - so far, it's the largest game for Android I've run across - even larger than Star Wars Commander (also from EA).)