Two High School Seniors Could Get Prison Time For An Alarm Clock Prank

Two North Carolina students could get up to 25 months in prison for a senior prank involving alarm clocks which were mistaken for bombs.

18-year-old students Shannon Marie Farrell and Lekia Hall hid alarm clocks inside unused lockers at South Iredell High School and set them to go off at different times. According to the Statesville Record and Landmark, School Resource Officer Kerry Baker saw that the zip-ties on some of the school

Pre 9/11 this would of been funny, I think it was a great prank where i have seen worse done, but you have to consider the lowest common mentality with stuff like this.

• Like 3

Here's an idea... don't.

Wait, so when a bunch of redneck idiots get together to deliberately offend a religious group, you argue that is exercising and demonstrating their legally protected freedoms.

When kids put alarm clocks in lockers... Wow, that's a real no-go area, huh?

• Like 4

societies , control through fear.. it happened during pearl harbor and now 9-11.

the government wants people to fear a boogeyman behind every corner, dark alley or behind your bedroom door.

Dang, stupid prank .. yep.  Not really that funny either.  

However, up to 25 months in prison???  If they were to get the max sentence then that sentence is disproportionate to the crime.

"What are you in for?"

"I put alarm clocks in lockers"

lolz

They're being charged with placing fake bombs, as in tick tick tick - no one knows what'll happen when the alarm goes off, which is illegal. It's no different than phoning in a bomb threat

• Like 2

They're being charged with placing fake bombs, as in tick tick tick - no one knows what'll happen when the alarm goes off, which is illegal. It's no different than phoning in a bomb threat

I'm aware of what they are being charged with, however...

What they should get is something similar to Eldo Kim, the Harvard sophomore who allegedly threatened to bomb four campus buildings (so to avoid taking a test).  He didn't see any jail time but instead was confined to his home for four months, had to complete 750 hours of community service and had to pay restitution to the law enforcement that responded to his threats.  If he completes this diversion program then all charges will be dropped and he will not have a felony conviction on file.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2014/10/11/eldo-kim-charged-diversion/

That is more fitting punishment ... not being put away for 25 months and having a felony conviction.  Yea, it was dumb...but not dumb enough to ruin (potentially) the rest of their lives.

That is all I'm saying.

they still use mechanical analog for bombing timer?

what happens to the smartphone/tablet triggered detonation?

Exactly, modern bombs are silent, until detonated