Anticipating Windows 10 RTM - would It Be Build 10400 or Build 10800?

What happened to build 10221 as RTM candidate?

No such build existed, and even if it did, wouldn't have been RTM candidate as its not divisible by 16.

No such build existed, and even if it did, wouldn't have been RTM candidate as its not divisible by 16.

post-540612-0-40977200-1436891056.png

Well it can still be a candidate, they just bump the build number if it passes.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few different files/apps in the RTM have higher build/version numbers than the main OS itself.  If things like the ADK have a higher number I don't think it means much, it shouldn't effect things in the end.

Question : I've been testing Windows 10 on a VM. Should I install the preview on my device to continue in the Insider build or can i upgrade like everyone else, after RTM and then hop on back to the preview?

Seems win10china got a Build 10208,

http://www.ithome.com/html/win10/162858.htm

and according to the release notes:

- If upgrade from win7/8.1, start menu will only have 1 column by default

- If clean install, then start menu will have 2 columns by default

Naturally, users could change the settings menually. :)

Nothing about Start Screen? I don't speak Chinese :cry::laugh:

Probably a timebombed version of 10240 for the Insiders.

I don't think because the build is not in the th1 branch. I think we will have the 10208 very soon

From win10china: http://www.ithome.com/html/win10/163029.htm

Google translate

Win10 quasi-official version of the screenshots exposure: Build 10240

2015-7-15 21:04:40 Source: IT House Original Author: volley Zebian: volley Popularity: 21125 Comments: 158

IT Home News Win10 official version will be released July 29, RTM candidate branch (ie th1 branch) development work is nearing completion. According to multiple sources, Build 10240 from th1 branch is likely that Microsoft's upcoming Windows10 official version. Of course, there can not be one hundred percent conclusions, does not exclude the emergence of variables, just as Win8 the same as Build 8888.
The latest version now Win10 Screenshot Build 10240 has been released, we look together:
20150715_204709_16.jpg

? Win10 quasi-official version of the desktop and start menu Build10240

Like with 10176, this version also removes the watermark the lower right corner (the non-activated state there is no watermark). After the new installation, two dynamic magnetic start menu on the right stick was about the arrangement.
20150715_204358_560.jpg

?
Win10 quasi-official version Build10240 System Properties
Compared with the 10166, Windows logo colors have changed. In the system version information following a "Next" link button, click this button to enter the key later upgrade.

20150715_204358_725.jpg

? Built Edge browser version upgrade to 20.10240.16384.0

20150715_204358_856.jpg

? running Winver version appears, has no expiration date

20150715_204359_378.jpg

System information, hardware abstraction layer ? run msinfo32 appears also upgraded to 10.0.10240.16384

Currently , Microsoft has changed Insider push TH1 branch channels , if nothing else, Microsoft Build 10240 is selected as the final version of it, the future will have the opportunity to receive Insider user push this version. Similarly, Microsoft to Win7 / Win8.1 users are also likely to push this version. Of course, that does not mean Win10 official release has been perfect, now Microsoft has begun the next phase of "Redstone" newer development (ie th2 branch).
Look forward to it.

With a bunch of edits through the whole thing to make sure he can say he got the build number right no matter what the build number is

I just looked on MDL and he has the same thread over there with people also mentioning how useless a thread like this is.

It's true though. This thread just wastes space. No useful information at all. Whatever is considered useful didn't come from FaiKee, but others. Hell he even mentioned it had no real purpose so he had the title changed to give it purpose. Didn't work though.

Nothing more than picking a topic that he knows will keep attention on it and him no matter what. The same thing he has in mind when linking to his Twitter posts. I still want to know why sometimes he takes screenshots of his Twitter posts instead of linking directly to them. Something weird about that, oh well.

I hope it's 10240 just because Wzor was pushing that build as possible RTM build along with others and FaiKee makes it obvious he thinks Wzor is a joke. Even though he's had a lot of legit info lately. More than others *cough*

• Like 2

Yeah not sure what the obesession is with pretending to be connected inside and acting like the info you post is something that isn't already out there on the web from sources with real inside info. I guess it's an attention thing like you said.

WPC concluded for today. Not a single peep about RTM. What a huge letdown. Most boring 3 hours I've spent in as long as I can remember. 

I'll be happy if I never hear the words "ISV" or "Cloud" ever again. 

being a gamer, I'll have to upgrade to 10 for the DX 12 stack. Kinda sad that's the one feature. but a feature none the less. the tile section of the start menu will be for commonly used apps only.

WPC concluded for today. Not a single peep about RTM. What a huge letdown. Most boring 3 hours I've spent in as long as I can remember. 

I'll be happy if I never hear the words "ISV" or "Cloud" ever again.

Sadly,we'll hear about cloud services again and again.

What about...I don't know,tomorrow?

Should I be waiting for something new about RTM's build number?

Sadly,we'll hear about cloud services again and again.

What about...I don't know,tomorrow?

Should I be waiting for something new about RTM's build number?

There's a rumor circulating that RTM is suppose to be shipped to OEMs at 14:45 PDT (21:45 UTC)

Also WinBeta has gone ahead and called 10240 RTM: http://www.winbeta.org/news/screenshot-gallery-windows-10-rtm-build-10240

That's about it for now.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/15/8950481/microsoft-windows-10-rtm-date

Windows 10 has finalized with RTM signoff later today. Build 10240. 

We understand that Microsoft is signing off on the build internally today, and may announce the RTM publicly by the end of the week or choose to ignore the milestone and focus on the launch.