Android Phones: Whats the best?

I just found out from my family that I can do a credit charge after my bill is paid. I guess I'll be getting a new phone next weekend. I'll get to buy what I want.

So now, it boils down to this.

What phone is good, two requirements:

1. Android's Only (Obviously)
2. External media.

Those are the only two requirements. I'd love a large screen but it's not necessary.

If you need external media (I assume this is removable storage) then your best options are the LG G4 or HTC One M8/M9, or Samsung GS5.

• Like 1

I just found out from my family that I can do a credit charge after my bill is paid. I guess I'll be getting a new phone next weekend. I'll get to buy what I want.

So now, it boils down to this.

What phone is good, two requirements:

1. Android's Only (Obviously)

2. External media.

Those are the only two requirements. I'd love a large screen but it's not necessary.

I'm waiting for the reviews on these 2 before I vote for them

https://www.neowin.net/news/the-oukitel-u9-packs-a-1080p-25d-screen-3-gb-of-ram-and-worldwide-lte-support

https://www.neowin.net/news/elephone-p7000-pioneer-unboxing-and-first-impressions

But there's no such thing as the best Android phone, just the best one for you, I've had many flagship phones, (the only ones I haven't tried to date are windows phones)

With all the phones I've had (I miss Symbian Nokias the most) A humble Moto G 4G is by far the one of the best for it's price tag, (this is out of a list that includes HTC Samsmug and craptastic Sony, also obviously, there are cheaper lumias out there)

It lacks in power and ram, but it's capable if apps and browsers are closed before switching to another, so there is a downside

But in my opinion, it more than makes up for this by being the loudest phone I've ever had (ringer blows away all modern smartphones, and the volume on it's music player can rival an iPhone 4s, the only phone that came close to the volumes I used to enjoy on my Nokia N8)

I'm waiting for the reviews on these 2 before I vote for them

https://www.neowin.net/news/the-oukitel-u9-packs-a-1080p-25d-screen-3-gb-of-ram-and-worldwide-lte-support

https://www.neowin.net/news/elephone-p7000-pioneer-unboxing-and-first-impressions

But there's no such thing as the best Android phone, just the best one for you, I've had many flagship phones, (the only ones I haven't tried to date are windows phones)

With all the phones I've had (I miss Symbian Nokias the most) A humble Moto G 4G is by far the one of the best for it's price tag, (this is out of a list that includes HTC Samsmug and craptastic Sony, also obviously, there are cheaper lumias out there)

It lacks in power and ram, but it's capable if apps and browsers are closed before switching to another, so there is a downside

But in my opinion, it more than makes up for this by being the loudest phone I've ever had (ringer blows away all modern smartphones, and the volume on it's music player can rival an iPhone 4s, the only phone that came close to the volumes I used to enjoy on my Nokia N8)

I use my phone a lot, RDC, watching classes like Cybrary, and Udemy, hell I even do C++ Code Reviews on it. I want something around the same size as the iPhone 6+, just not that phone exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'll be getting the Note 4. Nexus 6 isn't available for me on Verizon, for some odd reason. Well, there goes 700$

The Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (2.3Ghz/4GB RAM) has comparable specs to the Note 4 and is less than half the price. The bootloader is still locked down though.

get the note4.  it is a great phone supposedly.

Ordering it Saturday!

The Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (2.3Ghz/4GB RAM) has comparable specs to the Note 4 and is less than half the price. The bootloader is still locked down though.

I've never heard of it.

Too bad the Ubuntu phone isn't available in the states yet :(

• 3 weeks later...

If we consider the two main factors in the Android segment, which are: Price and Features, then I'm considering Moto G (Gen 2) as a best Android Smartphone. It provides you great features, that you'd expect in your smartphone at an affordable price range. It has good performance, better camera, good battery life at valuable cost.

If we consider the two main factors in the Android segment, which are: Price and Features, then I'm considering Moto G (Gen 2) as a best Android Smartphone. It provides you great features, that you'd expect in your smartphone at an affordable price range. It has good performance, better camera, good battery life at valuable cost.

72ppi images? A better camera??

If the camera is the most important feature one needs in a mobile phone then it's the Lumia 1020 hands down, and that's coming from someone who hates windows phones

I have the Note 4, came over from iPhone 4S, so this is my first Android. Overall, I do like it (big screen, S Pen is fantastic, screen is ace) but I do have two quibbles that, if I wasn't in a rush to get the phone, I would have looked at something else. One, who the hell thought it was a good idea to place the speaker on the back of the damn phone? Asinine. So, now when you are on a speaker call it gets muffled and with music its a right mess. Have to crank the volume up (not to mention the speaker is crap, in general). The other being that the power button is far too easy to manipulate and there is no software ability to disable it (on ATT, locked to hell and back, no root). 

Overall, Android is nice but good grief is the OS update process a mess. Supposedly, this was to be rectified with Lollipop but it didn't happen so, naturally, now they are saying it will happen with M (doubt it). 

• Like 1